Web Content Editor
Marketing | Cairo, Egypt | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
IDP Education Middle East is looking for a web content writer/editor to be part of the Digital Marketing Department.
This position provides editorial support to carry out policy, style, and quality of content for the company’s websites and other online media. Successful candidate should be a skilled writer and researcher, with an eye for detail and an excellent understanding of the special requirements of web writing.
This position is based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Create high quality relevant online content for student placement and IELTS to build IDP online brand awareness and drive leads generation
- Improve the conversion rate of leads to applicants
- Create, review, edit, and translate content for IDP websites
- Work with the contributing staff member(s) to ensure that the content is accurate, readable, and in agreement with editorial and graphical style guidelines and published within established deadlines.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism
- 3 -5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Arabic languages
- Excellent knowledge of copy writing for the web to produce informative and engaging content
- Excellent attention to details and ability to work under pressure
- Self-driven, with excellent skills to work independently as well as in large teams
- Solid understanding of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc).
- SEO knowledge is a plus
- Advanced general computing skills and project-management skills