Student Placement | Bangkok, Thailand | Full Time | Opened 9 months ago
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
We've been doing it for over 50 years creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in 32 countries. Our extensive network of approachable expert counsellors work with students to identify and secure the university or college where they can start their global careers.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us. We are actively recruiting Academic Counsellor to work with students in Bangkok, but opportunities will be available throughout Thailand.
- Provide counselling services and information on education choices in one of five destinations: Australia and New Zealand. This will include helping students and their families to finalise applications, get involved in events, exhibitions and promotions of IDP and its affiliates/ clients
- Follow up leads and enquiries and maximise the number of applications submitted and finalised with IDP Provide opportunities for cross-selling between IDP’s services from Student Placement and IELTS
- Manage in-house interview sessions where students can meet institutions representatives to submit applications on the spot
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using CRM for managing student cases and running performance reports in order to ensure accuracy in data entry and management
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes
Key performance areas include delivering:
Customer service/ Business acumen
High quality of work
Technical & professional knowledge
Organisation & planning
- THAI nationality
- Proven language proficiency in both Thai and English
- At least one (1) year of counselling experiences of studying/working abroad in an office environment is required
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in any discipline (or work experience equivalent), International Education Background would be advantageous, however not essential
- Good knowledge of the local education system for any IDP's educational destinations: Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States and Canada.
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good team player: eager to learn and grow in team environment
- Good computer skills and experience with CRM platform