IELTS Invigilator (Part-time only)
IELTS | Istanbul, Turkey | Part Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
To ensure the fair and proper conduct of testing in accordance with IELTS rules and regulations, and in an environment that enables a participant to perform at their best. Also provide administrative and basic technical support to the Chief Invigilator and Test Center, Manager ensuring compliance with the established guidelines of test operation.
- Ensure all customers receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for customers by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Set up test room and equipment at the test venue as required, closely following and enforcing test procedures and regulations
- Verify and update customer details, cloak and provide Identity Authentication Management (IAM) to standard
- Check attendance during the test, assist customers before, during, and after the test, deal with queries raised by customers and deal with test irregularities in accordance with the procedure
- Escort test takers from the test room during the test as required, during breaks ensuring no unauthorized material is consulted and that test regulations are observed at all times
- Read the test script and advise customers about test rules
- Distribute, collect and securely maintain test-day materials
- Invigilate during the test, ensuring that customers do not talk once inside the test room
- Record Details and manage late arrivals and early leavers and all other incidents during the test
- Collect, collate and distribute required paperwork during and after the test in accordance with procedures
- Support in the implementation of contingency procedures when required
- Support the Test Centre team on tasks/ projects and other administrative support as required in the successful delivery of services
- Report issues regarding risk management/ security to ensure centre compliance with security policy and procedures
- Work with stakeholders and team members in an environment facilitating cooperation, knowledge sharing, and enabling high performance
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience relating to administration and business support activities
- Fluent in English and Turkish knowledge preferred
- Strong administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues etc..).
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyses and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make decisions and act with Integrity, in the best interests of IDP.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Sound IT skills – Microsoft Office suite, CRM systemsDemonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (required) – Must be able to communicate with candidates from a variety of both English and non-English speaking countries
- Ability to respond flexibly to changes in priorities and time management skills
- Dependability, reliability, punctuality
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Availability to work on weekends
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, ability to perform basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware, peripherals and computer network