Senior Contract Management Specialist
Digital Campus - IT Infrastructure | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
The Senior Contract Management Specialist (CMS) is responsible for creating, reviewing, and enhancing contract management procedures to satisfy operational goals for technological solutions and services.
The CMS function is responsible for contract management tasks ranging from contract drafting and negotiation to technology procurement procedures. These responsibilities include creating SOWs, contract terms, agreeing on RACI & pricing tables, and obtaining leadership approvals.
Structured Conformance to Policy and Process
- Compliance with IDP Procurement and Delegation of Authority policies
- Compliance with IPD Technology Budget and Procurement procedures
Technology Procurement Facilitation
- Engagement in all procurement activities for the assigned portfolio.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of contract data in IDP Systems
- Organise and track contractual documentation between IDP and vendors.
- Responsible for creating and carrying out plans for managing contract.
- Responsible for serving as a point of contract escalation for the settlement of contractual problems.
- Contract modifications and extensions
- As part of the procurement lifecycle, category, and source delivery functions, offer advice and opinion on new contracts.
- Track, measure, report, and evaluate vendor performance in the context of contractual obligations.
- Support technology teams, procurement team, and others in ushering contracts, orders and other documents through purchasing workflows.
- Continuously evaluate processes and outcomes for improvement. Formalize, communicate, and educate with key stakeholders to improve the value of the Technology Procurement Capability.
- Support ad hoc projects related task to contract management needs of the Technology organisation.
- Support special projects such as contract process audits, reporting, targeted process improvements, and research.
- Technology Procurement Manager (Melbourne)
- IDP Legal
- Director Technology Management
- Technology Business Manager
- Group Technology Leadership Team
- Regional Technology Managers
- Procurement Business Partners
- Vendors, Suppliers, and Partners
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities. The ability to prepare concise, and outcome based agreements that truly meet the objectives of the engagement.
- Demonstrated expertise managing and leading contracts in the Technology Procurement competency.
- Has a good eye for contract risk mitigation and contract compliance.
- Detail-oriented and complete contract agreement authoring skills.
- Utilize contract negotiation methods and understand how to best prepare for contract negotiations with external/ internal stakeholders.
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, as well as the capacity to make sound decisions and handle problems quickly and effectively.
- Proven contract management experience
- Strong stakeholder management abilities. Executive-level communication abilities are required.
- Procurement negotiating experience at the enterprise level in many technology categories.
- Preferably degree in Law
- Experience with Ariba