Marketing Operations Manager - IELTS
Regional Marketing | Hybrid in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria | Full Time
Welcome to IDP! Proud Co-Owner of IELTS.
IDP - International Education Specialists (US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland & New Zealand)
Company Overview and Context
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We help international students study in English-speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right institution and the right country. We’ve been operating for close to 50 years, creating a huge network of opportunities with offices in over 30 countries. We are also proud co-owners of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test, and operators of 11 English language teaching campuses across the Middle East.
We are a world leader in assisting international students find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network of more than 100 offices in over 30 countries. IDP has placed more than 400,000 international students over the past 45 years.
Our experienced education counselors are well-trained to support and provide professional guidance to international students. At IDP Education, students come first and we are committed to helping students choose the right course and achieve their desired study outcomes.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. The test conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment is recognized by more than 10,000 universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
It is also recognized by professional bodies, immigration authorities, other government agencies. IDP has more than 400 test locations in over 50 countries, with more than 3 million tests delivered in 2017.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
The Marketing Manager is accountable for the delivery of IELTS candidate-qualified lead volume for each business in the country. The role is central to the delivery of revenue and profit objectives and will work with the Region / Country leadership team and IELTS Operations Team to develop marketing strategy and tactical campaigns. The Marketing Manager Nigeria will also lead the in-Country marketing team to ensure quality and successful execution of marketing activities.
- Business Planning and Multi-Channel Strategy
- Lead Generation
- Event Marketing & Promotion
- Web Marketing (led by regional web marketing team)
- Managing In-Country Contact Centre – Lead Qualification
- Activity Calendar Support
- Marketing Content Creation
- Vendor and Agency Management
- Analytics and Reporting
- Public Relations
- Leveraging from wider region
Business Planning and Multi-Channel Strategy
- Develop and agree comprehensive annual / quarterly / monthly marketing plans that successfully support the achievement of country student placement and IELTS goals.
- Design and agree multi-channel marketing campaigns, including details of the intended source of leads, numbers of leads and related activities that will enable execution of the campaigns.
- Lead and manage all new lead generation activities in a highly effective manner.
- Identify new opportunities for generating leads and make recommendations to Country Manager to expand marketing activities where appropriate in order to leverage such opportunities.
Event Marketing & Promotion/Management
- Plan, schedule and execute marketing activity to support the successful operation of IDP events. This includes pre event marketing and all activities relating to the event itself.
- Prepare marketing & booth designs (with support from Regional Team) and ensure IDP is presented to participants in line with strategic goals and brand positioning.
- Support the wider management of events as required and in line with business needs.
- Liaise with the regional web marketing team to ensure that the local website is maintained, updated, managed effectively, and developed to meet agreed objectives.
- Drive effective use of websites by developing and implementing SEO/SEM strategies with the regional web marketing team. This includes developing content that will drive students to seek out IDP’s website.
- Work closely with the regional web marketing team to generate web leads through multiple online platforms (Google, Facebook etc.).
In-Country Contact Centre Management – Lead Qualification
- Contact centre setup and management, closely working with regional contact centre.
- Support contact centre team to qualify the web leads as per the defined targets.
- Monitor call centre performance and work on the ways to optimize performance.
- Contact centre performance reporting.
Activity Calendar Support
- Work with IELTS Operations Team in developing and supporting effective execution of activity calendars including in-office activities and outreach initiatives.
Brand/Marketing Assets and Content Creation
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to marketing content requirements within agreed budget.
- Effectively manage marketing material development and production, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, advertisements etc.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy in all copy and other content working closely with content team.
Vendor and Agency Management
- Identify relevant vendors and agencies to increase the business success for the country.
- Build and manage effective relationships with relevant third parties to ensure high quality outcomes for IDP.
- Ensure outputs from third parties are delivered on time and to agreed brief.
Analytics and Reporting
- Make effective use of CRM & other tools (ex: Google Analytics etc.) to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns and track numbers of qualified lead generated vs. target for each destination.
- Proactively escalate/highlight issues when necessary along with ideas of how to improve lead numbers and quality in key KPI’s of Hot/Warm leads.
- Devise appropriate Public Relations strategies as required and in line with business needs.
Leveraging from Wider Region
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication with the regional office to leverage all marketing strategies & material that is developed.
- Lead and participate in projects from time to time. These could be country-specific like the possible establishment of a country-level call centre to qualify leads before they are handed over to local offices for further action or working on projects to allow leverage of marketing best practices across IDP countries.
- A master's or bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience (5-8 years) in delivering high-quality marketing solutions with positive, measurable results.
- Strong Understanding of marketing automation workflows and lead nurturing processes.
- Excellent budget management and cost-benefit analysis skills.
- Highly effective planning and organising, managing multiple competing priorities.
- Creative thinker and able to develop contemporary marketing content.
- Highly effective relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret information effectively.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and nonverbal.
- Problem-solving skills and able to implement creative solutions to problems.
- Good team player
- Tech-savvy: Proficient with marketing automation platforms, CRM systems, and data analysis tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDP Education is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.