Data Engineer (Contract)
Digital Campus - Data Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Contract
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities, and organizations than any other. We also operate English-language teaching schools in Southeast Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities. Over its half century as a business service provider, IDP has amassed an enormous volume of data, which is its core IP. IDP operates in 33 countries for Student placement and in 60 countries for IELTS. Our websites have over 100 million visitors a year and have the World’s most comprehensive course and institution search across 40+ sites.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
In this role, you will be collaborating with IDP’s Data Engineering and Governance, an enterprise capability team, and be responsible for driving transformation efforts towards the right outcomes for students, clients, and the student placement network.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision-making across the organization
- performs the data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- building the necessary infrastructure using AWS and SQL technologies. This will enable effective data extraction, transformation, and loading from a variety of data sources.
- Collaborate with engineers in Australia and India on existing IDP architecture patterns.
- Drive good practice in data capture within the campus to ensure that data accurately reflects activity.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
You love technology and are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practices and the business value of technological innovations.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant disciplines
- Strong Knowledge in SQL and Python v3.x
- Can analyze new source data, model entities, and write complex SQL.
- Minimum 7 years of Overall Development Experience and at least 4+ years on SQL coding and 2+ years on Python
- Could have worked on AWS Lambda and Microservices development.
- Advanced SQL, Python, CDK, Terraform, Lambda, and scheduling software
- Ability to question, probe, and demonstrate understanding of a problem and to propose or check a possible solution to that problem.
- Experience with Large Language Models
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views and provide opportunities for personal, professional, and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people—their ideas, work styles, and perspectives—as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.