Education and Admission Counsellor (Kumasi)
Student Counselling | Hybrid in Kumasi Metropolitan, Ashanti Region, Ghana | Full Time
Company Overview and Context
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We help international students study in English-speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right institution and the right country. We’ve been operating for close to 50 years, creating a huge network of opportunities with offices in over 30 countries. We are also proud co-owners of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test, and operators of 11 English language teaching campuses across the Middle East.
IDP just recently acquired Intake Education and this expansion has led to open positions within.
We are a world leader in assisting international students find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network of more than 100 offices in over 30 countries. IDP has placed more than 400,000 international students over the past 45 years.
Our experienced education counselors are well-trained to support and provide professional guidance to international students. At IDP Education, students come first and we are committed to helping students choose the right course and achieve their desired study outcomes.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. The test conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment is recognised by more than 10,000 universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
It is also recognised by professional bodies, immigration authorities, other government agencies.
IDP has more than 400 test locations in over 50 countries, with more than 3 million tests delivered in 2017.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support, and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in educational institutions in by promoting IDP products and services directly to students. The Education Counsellor is also responsible for supporting the achievement of office/country sales performance targets. The counselor will also provide support and referral for students with issues other than placement, ultimately ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Student counselling
- Delivering results
- Business development
- Customer service
- Client relationships
- Counsel prospective students to identify appropriate study options including suitable courses and institutions.
- Schedule and conduct phone discussions and office meetings to accurately convey course/program information whilst ensuring that each student’s needs are being met. This includes advising students with respect to admission requirements, processes and qualification options.
- Assist students in determining an appropriate shortlist of applications to submit, thereby ensuring effective use of counselling time.
- Support the student through the admissions, visa, and pre-departure processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with students and their families to ensure that IDP is regarded as a highly professional and trusted service provider.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and their families, clients and colleagues.
- Deliver consistently outstanding service to ensure a high number of students are converted to the next stage of the student pipeline, ultimately submitting applications to education institutions and accepting the resulting offers.
- Identify opportunities to generate leads and effectively leverage these opportunities. e.g., determine the prospective schools, universities, companies, and scholarship bodies where new leads can be derived and established effective relationships with them.
- CRM system is used to support the end-to-end counselling process including the capture and follow-up of all leads and opportunities to close sales.
- Identify new business opportunities in consultation with the Office Manager.
- Maintain regular contact and activities with key accounts (schools, scholarship bodies).
- Act with the highest level of accountability with students, clients, and colleagues.
- Respond to face-to-face enquiries, and enquiries via phone and email in a timely manner, with accurate and relevant information.
- Process and submit applications to institution, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments in a timely manner.
- Build effective relationships with education institution staff to support timely application processing.
- Assist students with on-arrival issues or and refer to appropriate agencies where necessary.
- Build strong relationships with network counsellors to enable ongoing support of students onshore.
- Attend client briefings, workshops and visit to institutions to support the development of knowledge of institutions and establish relationships with key contacts.
- Work with Office Manager and institution representatives in order to develop strategies and effectively promote institutions.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in all interactions with client representatives.
- Support Office Manager / Marketing Team in the organization of major promotional events such as interview programs, in-house interview sessions and exhibitions, and other activities as required.
- Provide input on marketing or promotional activities to encourage student numbers.
- Promote IDP through activities such as institution visits, seminars, exhibitions, student associations, etc.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities and threats within the local market.
- Attend, lead and participate in office level meetings and activities to support sharing of information, knowledge, and expertise for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency, and operational effectiveness between IDP’s student placement and IELTS operations.
- Follow up effectively with students and institutions to ensure enrolment activities are completed effectively.
- Use full range of available communication channels including email, telephone, and CRM communication features such as SMS and tasks.
- Effectively present relevant information to students, clients and other key stakeholders as required.
- Provide regular updates to line manager to inform them the progress, challenges and / or support that may be required
REQUIREMENTS TO SUCCEED ON THIS ROLE
- BSc/M.Sc. Degree from a reputable university.
- 1-3 years' experience working in educational consultancy or counselling.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems
- Experience of working in a sales driven environment with a strong focus on achieving individual and team-based targets
- Knowledge of education institutions, admission processes, immigration requirements and their international operations
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues, etc.)
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Effective team worker, supporting colleagues and contributing positively to overall team’s success.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyse and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgement, ability to make decisions, and act with integrity in the best interests of IDP.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IDP Education is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.THIS POSITION IS IN KUMASI, GHANA.