Technical Delivery Manager (Platform Dev)
DigiTech | Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Technical Delivery Manager for Student Placement is a highly visible and hands-on role critical to managing and improving the quality of our core business systems. You will lead teams and initiatives that bring rigour and agility to IDP’s information technology.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Delivery Manager with experience managing SaaS solutions in an enterprise context. You will have a deep understanding of modern approaches to Enterprise-grade Information Technology, and how to maximise speed and agility, while maintaining control and discipline.
You’ll have a strong history of delivering on initiatives and projects. You are the sort of person who can rally and inspire a team, and ensure outcomes are achieved. You understand the rigour that needs to be maintained to run a modern enterprise-grade IT function. You have the skills to create structure and discipline around the fundamentals of enterprise IT. Your CV will likely include a balance of delivering on specific initiatives that result in a step-change in performance, and IT Operations management.
We are looking for a candidate who is equally comfortable running technical projects, managing vendors, managing individuals and teams, improving service delivery, and generally providing IT leadership.
IDP has achieved superb business outcomes from the digital transformation of its business. The transformation has directly contributed to the growth in our leading Edu-Tech business, helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
- Structure your team for success. Acquisition and management of talent within team, ensuring appropriate blend and breadth of skills aligned to current and future technology roadmaps.
- Use Agile techniques to maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, holding others to account for delivery, and swiftly responding to changing requirements.
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction, supervision and support to the team.
- Create a sense of vision and purpose within your team. Drive a culture of Customer First across our digital campus.
- Set your team up to succeed with training, skills, coaching, mentoring and development.
At its core, this role is about adding value. You will drive initiatives to fruition (achieve agreed outcomes) and structure BAU work to continually add value to IDP and our customers.
Technical System Owner
We will be asking you to take technical ownership of a number of our key systems.
- § In consultation with Stakeholders, make decisions to ensure the optimal operation of the System taking into account Performance, Maintainability, Observability, Security, Privacy, and other relevant system Non-Functional Requirements.
- Ensure that the system adheres to the IDP Security Policy and Technical Standards including Change Management and Governance around IT changes, Documentation and Technical Support.
- Will actively identify opportunities to retire technical debt within the system - consolidations, Data maintenance, code optimization etc.
- § Produce a Technical Runway for the system, and represent into the PI process and budget cycle
IDP uses System Integrators, Contractors and Consultants for various purposes.
- Assist in vendor identification and selection.
- § You will manage specific vendors from SoW, Sourcing, SLA and performance management, through to off-boarding.
You will be skilled at working across teams to achieve outcomes.
- § You will work closely with business leaders, technical experts, product owners, service desk leadership and team members.
Maximise Operational Effectiveness
- Plan, implement and manage all arrangements to ensure the operational effectiveness of the tools in your remit.
- § In consultation with Stakeholders, make decisions to ensure the optimal operation of the System considering Performance, Maintainability, Observability, Security, Privacy, and other relevant system Non-Functional requirements.
- § Will actively identify opportunities to retire technical debt within the system - consolidations, Data maintenance.
- § Will utilize IDP’s Observability framework to actively monitor and manage the Platform.
- § Ensure adequate levels of support are in place for the platform.
Point of Escalation
- As a leader within the Digital Campus, act as a point of escalation.
- Focus teams to identify the root cause of issues, creative solutions and preventative measures.
- Actively work to remove blockers.
- You will take the time to understand IDP’s technical standards, our security posture, and our obsession with our customers’ privacy.
Drive Innovation and Value
- You’ll always make sure that there is a clear outcome from all work commenced, and that it aligns to Value for IDP and our Customers.
- You will be interested in continuously improving not only the IT we deliver, but the way we deliver IT.
- § Use metrics and data to identify improvements and manage processes and outcomes.
- Articulate work in terms of value delivered.
Modern Software Processes
- Understands the practical implementation of SDLC, agile and DevOps.
- IDP is utilizing Gitlab to facilitate our adoption of CI/CD. Some of our tools are suitable to use Gitlab, but our belief is that
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Most importantly, you will be a leader. Someone who not only is good at knowing what to do, being willing to do quality work that sets an example, and inspiring others to continuously improve the quality of our work and outputs.
- Exhibit a proactive approach to staff and management, to quickly identify problems and implement improvements.
- A minimum of five-years’ experience in managing IT Projects or IT Leadership. You must get joy from running successful IT projects and be good at it.
- At least two years’ experience in Service Delivery and Service Excellence. You will have demonstrable experience and be able to talk passionately on how to manage a system. You know how to run major incidents, how to plan upgrades, how to set up for hyper-care. These are things you have done before, and know how to do even better next time.
- Significant experience in initiating and delivering continuous improvement initiatives and/or projects.
- Experienced with Agile team structures, approaches and ceremonies. You know the theory of Agile and can talk to your practical experience in what makes it work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT/technical degree
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, influencing and customer management skills
- Understanding of integration concepts
- Experience in SAP SaaS platforms, particularly C4C, Cloud for Commerce, Cloud for Marketing, Qualtrics, SuccessFactors.
- Experience with AWS, particularly serverless.
- Experience with DevSecOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment.
- Understanding of Event-Driven Architecture and the Business opportunities it provides.
- Prior experience in a Customer-centric Services and or Marketing driven business.
- Professional IT Service Management certifications eg, ITIL
- Project Management framework qualifications eg, PMI, Prince2