Technical Business Analyst
Business Development | Hybrid in Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Business Analyst’s role will focus on supporting the business analysis activity to enable a business led digital customer experience that will assist in transforming IDP’s customer experience.
- Responsible for end to product development from inception and backlog management, Sprint planning, user story progression, walkthroughs with development team.
- Provides business expertise in gathering functional and non-functional requirements using various elicitation and facilitation techniques by working with Product Managers/Product Owners & Technical team members.
- Modelling business processes using diagrams, flowcharts, data models, agile work packages and turning ‘Epics’ in to practical sprints that enable successful outcomes for IDP.
- Coordination with the Development team to build the application as per the signed off spec
- Coordination with the UI team to develop the User Interface screen
- Coordination with the stake holder for getting sign offs on the user stories, wire frames and mock ups
- Brainstorming the requirement with the internal stake holders
- Organizing and leading the knowledge sharing / lessons learnt sessions with the development teams to spread the requirement
- Ability to demonstrate the progress of the application on a weekly basis with the stakeholder
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Business Analyst with 4 + years of experience
- Highly technical and development background is a plus
- Experienced in Agile methodologies and software development is must, especially deliverables and processes around technical analysis
- Should possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with JIRA is must
- Should be organized and proactive
- Problem Solving attitude
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities independently
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.