Student Services Officer
Administration | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
We are looking for customer service people to support the National Team with strong Microsoft Office skills, excellent attention to detail and a desire to assist students to achieve their education and career aspirations. This position is international students facing so excellent customer service skills is a must and having a good understanding of the needs of international students is also important to the role
The student services officers will make sure students receive the assistance and information they require to transition to destination Australia for study and succeed in their desired outcomes.
- Answer student questions, assist to apply and purchase products and assist with product information.
- Collation of student data for product fulfillment.
- Assist student with refund processes.
- Follow up with students by phone, or email to verify and update information.
- Assists Counsellors with service provision and questions
- Resolve and track product delivery issues
- Handle complaints and feedback
- Liaise with network countries following up on student data and problem solving.
- Monthly reporting on issues and student feedback
- Maintains excellent product knowledge, keeps up to date with vendor changes.
- Coordinating product feedback to relay to vendors/business partners.
- Answer phone, email students and answer walk in enquiries.
- General office duties as required
- Work with the digital team to engage with students on social media sites.
- Supports Management and Marketing in the sales of the service offerings, building the reputation of the brand including outbound calling.
- Assists in the organisation of student focussed events, attendance at events is required.
- Research and collation of Institution and Community Service Provisions for International Students.
- Maintains solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns by telephone and in-person with care and professionalism.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team to promote events
- Support the development of yearly calendar of National events and activities to increase International student skills, increase language proficiency, and build community
- cross-sell IDP placements and products at events
- Co-ordinate and run events.
- Work with Management to provide opportunities to students in Volunteering and career opportunities.
- Receive and process registrations
- Hire, train and supervise volunteers and casual staff
- Grow the number of events on offer for students
- Build relationships with Institutions and Vendors for student engagement opportunities, internship opportunities and student success.
- Up-date training and product catalogue and ensures all offices have accurate collateral to support sales, including regular engagement with vendors.
- Man booths at events
- Follow up post event with students.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Currently studying or completed University degree
- Strong Administration and Online Programs knowledge and skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude towards work
- Professional manner
- Proficiency in English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office
- A team player
- Second language in Vietnamese, Thai or Mandarin.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.