Student Event and Engagement Coordinator
Student Placement Operations | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Overview and Context
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; and English language Training. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publically listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life. We pride ourselves on the ability to create dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education’s vision is to become and be seen, by students, candidates, clients, partners and local institutions as the leading global and premium services provider for international student enrolments and English language testing.
To support the Australasia region to achieve its portfolio growth, the primary purpose of the role is to create social engagement and support activities for both IDP and non-IDP students currently studying in Australia and New Zealand. This is a key role in the Student Essentials (SE) business stream in fulfilling SE products sold which include social events, study tours, accommodation, health insurance and support the promotion of SE offerings for onshore students.
- Work with onshore team and network countries to plan and implement regular social events and information sessions to enhance IDP students experience and increase their loyalty, retention and referrals.
- Identify top three markets and create tailored social engagement and support experiences for these markets, considering of the uniqueness of their culture and support needs.
- Arrange the logistics of events, such as scheduling, venue, transport, catering, seating, developing event terms & conditions, marketing collaterals, privacy consent, sponsor’s participation, lucky draw prizes etc.
- Decide pricing strategy, payment and reconciliation process for all activities that requires student’s financial contribution.
- Develop and implement a process to capture contact details of network student in Australia attending the events and ensure they are updated on CRM.
- Conduct monthly reviews to measure event success to guide future event strategy and investment
- Assisting with the development and implementation of IDP online social support forum that brings together alumni students in Australia
- Support the setup and monitoring of IDP ambassador program to provide IDP’s current and alumni students who are strong advocates of IDP an opportunity to engage with peers to promote IDP and refer them to IDP for their support needs.
- Manage the annual SSA IELTS DTU staff development weekend (SDW) and AHA Awards Program
- Manage the fulfilment of SE offerings such as study tours, internship/work placement programs, assistance with product activation & cancellation, job readiness programme and more
- Manage SE customer care officers and work with local offices for the planning and delivery of the SE activities.
- Develop process and training for executing SE activities in local offices.
- Reach out to network countries to understand network countries’ fulfilment needs relating to SE events and social engagement experience. Propose and implement solutions in meeting those needs.
- Support SE fulfilment in non-event related activities/products where required.
- Support the execution of cross initiatives amongst IDP students
- support the execution campaigns to acquire new customers (e.g. non IDP students)
- F2F selling at network branches and events when required
- Assist with resource planning and recruitment of staff required for social and SE activities
- Provide clear direction to the relevant team members, setting clear focus and expectations
- Plan and approve casual hours and payment for events
- Lead by example and influence the behaviours, attitude and thoughts of others
- Ensure relevant team members adhere to and are up-to-date with IDP policies, processes and all compliance requirements
- Cultivate a customer focused culture within the team
- Develop and maintain productive relationship with key partners for event sponsorship
- Ensure all events are financially supported by sponsors
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in executing sponsorship packages
- Coordinate the sponsorship fee payment and related tasks between sponsors and IDP accounts team
- Provide input into marketing and contact centre strategy for network student engagement, retention and acquisition of SE offerings, including development of marketing collaterals and relevant content.
- Ensure event strategy and planning align with overall marketing and contact centre, customer experience and SE growth strategy.
- Contribute to IDP newsletter and social media content on topics involving network students and SE offerings
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a highly effective and professional manner
- Share knowledge and assist colleagues - foster a strong collaborative network
- Timely reporting to key internal stakeholders including line manager, Country Director, Regional Director, Global Product Managers, and office managers
- Ensure the collection and usage of student personal information is compliant with Australia Privacy Law.
- Review and improve the established process to ensure it remains efficient and relevant.
- Business degree qualified or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing social engagement events or projects
- Experience in managing sponsorship program
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of international students’ needs
- An ability to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders at different levels
- Results driven with a great ‘can do’ attitude
- An innovative thinker who’s able to generate and implement creative ideas
- An ability to work with people from different cultural background
- Speaks a second language, preferably Mandarin, Hindi or Vietnamese
- Experience in utilizing technology and innovation to improving customer experience