Software Development Engineer( Python & AWS)
Technology Services | Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and the connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion for helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
• Your code is elegant. You make the complex seem straightforward. You know how to write efficient code that someone else can pick up with ease. You instinctively test your own code and people know they can rely on you, and everything you produce.
• You know how to adapt patterns and utilize these across your development. If you identify an opportunity to improve a pattern you are confident in how to relay this. You know the difference between an improvement and just another way of achieving the same outcome.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
• While a significant part of your role will be to write code in Python and utilize AWS services, the real value you’ll produce will be from really understanding the Outcome required by the Business, and “making it so”. We’re looking for everyone in our team to demonstrate leadership, working together to continuously improve the way we work, and work smarter not harder and continuously increase the value we provide to the business. You’ll be part of this.
• You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines
- 5+ years experience as a Back-End or Full Stack Developer with hands-on experience working with Python with 3+ years Preferably with AWS Services knowledge (Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Queues, Topics, etc)
- Strong Knowledge in Python v3.x Language
- Experience in REST APIs with JSON
- Error handling and Logging
- Any DB knowledge
- Knowledge in Node.js is an added advantage
- Knowledge in implementing Terraform is a plus
- Knowledge on Sumo Logic log aggregation is a plus
- Must know how to produce high quality, “Clean” code that is performant, maintainable and secure
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.