Software Application Developer L3
Information Services | Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
Software Application Developer (L3 Support)
Support Services Manager/Process Improvement and Change Manager
The implements, supports, maintains, operates and upgrades to existing software solutions and database systems in the server, desktop and web environment. This includes executing all programming tasks, including programming, analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs. Work on systems of moderate size and complexity or segments of larger systems.
Key Performance Area
Incident & Request Management
- Resolution of Incidents and Fulfilment of Service Requests that require system changes or are escalated by other support groups
- Provide specialist support for various technical issues related to integration or business applications and co-ordinating with other Tier 3 Support teams and/or Third-Party Vendors.
- Provide workarounds upon service interruptions or major incidents (planned & unplanned).
- Achievement of SLAs
- Positive customer feedback and minimal management escalations
- Audit and coaching results
Problem Management and Continuous Improvement
- Identify long-term issues (problems) vs production incidents by working with senior team members, development staff and other stakeholders.
- Track applications and integration issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application.
- Identify, track and monitor the progress of Problem tickets and assign to appropriate teams when necessary
- Analyse and provide recommendation to improve, create or eliminate process and/or procedures currently being used for application integrations.
- Incidents closed by problem
- Perform regular system health checks and monitoring system / integration processes.
- System health and system events reported in a timely manner
- Document system configurations and maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Team peer review of documentation.
- Contribute knowledge management articles to IS portal(s) for User and Technical Support
- Number of articles authored
- Most viewed or most useful rating
Customer and Stakeholder Management
- Respond promptly to any issues that directly impact the customers experience
- Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system trade-offs between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside vendor contacts.
- Ensure a friendly, open, professional manner is maintained at all times.
- Client and stakeholder feedback feedback
- Actively develops and maintains strong relationships with key users and Information Services colleagues.
- Work closely with the other members of the Information Services team to deliver effective and efficient support and process improvement.
- Contribute to a well-balanced team by participating in team goals, involving others when necessary and covering other team responsibilities when required.
- Contribute to a fun, supportive and enjoyable working environment
- Attendance and participation in meeting
- Peer review
- Demonstrate broad understanding of IDP’s business.
- Constantly looking for opportunities to improve business performance through improvements to support processes.
- Recommend business decisions based on knowledge across and outside company of modern IS service management.
- Appropriate assessment of business impacts of requests and incidents.
- Identifies opportunities to achieve efficiency gains
Configuration/ Change Management
- Follow team development/configuration methodology and appropriate best practice methods for system administration and configuration.
- Perform Unit testing and support all testing cycles.
- Team peer review and testing
- Follow team software development methodology and best practice methods for administration, configuration and development activities.
- Team peer review and testing
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Team peer review of documentation.
- Work autonomously, as needed, for projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Project Manager or Product Owners evaluation of contribution to delivery meets agreed targets
- Information Services Management team
- Information Services Staff
- IDP users worldwide
- Computer Hardware and Software Vendors
- External Contractors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree and 3 to 4 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Willing to work a 24x7 rotational shift and on call as required.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Experience in Windows desktop application development using:
- C#, ASP.NET MVC 3+, .NET Cre, WCF, WebAPI (JSON)
- HTML 4+/CSS3+/Twitter Botstrap
- Entity Framewrk
- Dependency injectin (Microsoft Unity)
- Micrsoft Enterprise Library/NLog/Serilog
- Unit testing (NMck)
- Visual Studi Team Services
- Experience with using Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ as a back-end data server (using ODBC and/or ADO).
- Stred procedures
- User defined functins
- Perfrmance analysis
- Experience in designing and creating multi page, data driven, web applications using Active Server Pages
- Experience in designing and implementing a rationalised data structure.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment CI/CD tools and techniques
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Relevant IT Architecture experience
- Good knowledge of industry best practices, ability to produce readable and maintainable code
- Ability to understand and apply software design patterns
- Adaptability to a broad range of technologies
- Exposure to AWS Cloud