Senior Migration Consultant
IELTS | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Senior Migration Consultant will interpret and provide advice and guidance to IDP customers on migration, citizenship and business migration issues as per Australian legislation and laws. They will provide visa application services as well as support cases in the Australian courts and have the necessary skills and knowledge in preparing legal submissions. Their role will also provide training and guidance to other IDP Migration Agents as well as to fellow counsellors on visa updates and migration policy changes and its impact on IDP business.
- Design migration content and articles based on the visa updates, migration changes, and case studies for social media promotions, newsletter and website.
- Work with counsellors to develop study to migrate options for customers based on the latest visa trend and requirements and help business to turn them into marketable products and campaigns.
- Analysis opportunities and threats as and when migration changes are announced by the government and present a strategy to tackle the opportunities and challenges.
- Assist Manager Student Services, Team Leaders and other stakeholders to administer operations related to migration
- Coordinate administrative tasks to assist the Manager Student Services monitoring C4C KPIs and other project related goals where required
- Act as the role model for fellow colleagues
- provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to fellow IDP migration agents across Australia.
- Provide information and advice to international students and other potential customers and their families regarding visa options and opportunities to continue to stay/study in Australia
- Preparation and submission of applications to DHA or related institutions/bodies
- Obtain offers and facilitate enrolments specifically related to Professional Year (PY), NAATI or other related courses for skilled migration purposes
Technical and Professional Competence
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using C4C system for managing customer cases and running performance reports.
- Ensure accuracy in data entry and management.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of visa requirements, conditions and client programs and processes.
- Maintain and update knowledge on changes to immigration policies and its effects on international student
Extended Visa Services
- Provide an initial 15-minute free counselling session to customers for basic migration and visa questions
- Provide extended counselling session up to 1 (one) hour to further develop the customer’s case and application for submission
- Inform clearly to customers the terms and conditions of the migration services and payment details
Customer Service Orientation
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone, web and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner (within 4pm same business day)
- Follow through on student enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required.
- Organise and manage student sessions related to visas or to meet institution representatives for related migration/visa courses
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years’ practicing as a registered migration agent
- Expertise and experience in all migration visa applications
- Excellent written skills, with a proven ability to create migration content and articles
- Achievement orientated
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of onshore international students
- Current MARN registration
- Ability to prioritise and works well with deadlines and pressure
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and CRM skills
- International education experience
- Fluent in a second language