Sales and Support Officer
Student Placement | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Ireland, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Sales and Support Officer provides exceptional support to counselors and the boarder team with administrative duties, allowing our teams to provide a seamless customer experience.
The role ensures the smooth and efficient processing of student applications via relevant systems, and is responsible for the accurate preparation and submission of documentation in a timely manner.
This is a Fixed term contract based out of our Lonsdale Street office at Melbourne.
- Attend to student enquires and follow through on students’ enquiries and applications
- Ensure the smooth and efficient processing of student applications via relevant systems including Offer in Principal / Fast track applications
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation and submission of documentation in a timely manner.
- Support IELTS customers and teams.
- Work with marketing and the broader team to organise and prepare any events
- Manage and store student files through the established filing system, maintain and update all generic IDP and institutional information materials
- Display consistent high level of professionalism at work adhering to processes, policies & code of conduct
- Managing reception occasionally including responding to and redirecting queries where required
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions, twice-a-year exhibitions and IELTS Masterclass, student excursions and cultural events when needed
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threats in the market
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Working experience in Australia or in the International education industry
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Strong Communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office environment, particularly Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Detail oriented and organised with time
- Ability to problem solve remaining calm under pressure
GOOD TO HAVE
- Proficiency in a second language optional
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.