Marketing Operations Manager – UAE
Marketing | Dubai, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Marketing Operations Manager is accountable for the delivery of student placement and IELTS candidate qualified lead volume for each business in the country. The role is central to the delivery of revenue and profit objectives and will work with the Region / Country leadership team and office managers to develop marketing strategy and tactical campaigns.
The Marketing Operations Manager will also lead the in-Country marketing team to ensure quality and successful execution of marketing activities.
- Business Planning and Multi-Channel Strategy
- Lead Generation
- Event Marketing & Promotion
- Web Marketing (led by Regional web marketing team)
- Managing In-Country Contact Centre – Lead Qualification
- Activity Calendar Support
- Marketing Content Creation
- Vendor and Agency Management
- Analytics and Reporting
- Public Relations
- Leveraging from wider region
Business Planning and Multi-Channel Strategy
- Develop and agree comprehensive annual / quarterly / monthly marketing plans that successfully support the achievement of country student placement and IELTS goals.
- Design and agree multi-channel marketing campaigns, including details of the intended source of leads, numbers of leads and related activities that will enable execution of the campaigns.
- Lead and manage all new lead generation activities in a highly effective manner.
- Identify new opportunities for generating leads and make recommendations to Country Director to expand marketing activities where appropriate in order to leverage such opportunities.
Event Marketing & Promotion / Management
- Plan, schedule and execute marketing activity to support the successful operation of IDP events. This includes pre event marketing and all activities relating to the event itself.
- Prepare marketing & booth designs (with support from Regional Team) and ensure IDP is presented to participants in line with strategic goals and brand positioning.
- Support the wider management of events as required and in line with business needs.
Web Marketing (led by Regional Web Marketing team)
- Liaise with the regional web marketing team to ensure that the local website is maintained, updated, managed effectively and developed to meet agreed objectives.
- Drive effective use of websites by developing and implementing SEO/SEM strategies with the regional web marketing team. This includes developing content that will drive students to seek out IDP’s website.
- Work closely with regional web marketing team to generate web leads through multiple online platforms (Google, Facebook etc.)
In-Country Contact Centre Management – Lead Qualification
- Contact centre setup and management, closely working with regional contact centre
- Support contact centre team to qualify the web leads as per the defined targets.
- Monitor call centre performance and work on the ways to optimize performance
- Contact centre performance reporting
Activity Calendar Support
- Work with Business Unit Managers in developing and supporting effective execution of activity calendars including in-office activities and outreach initiatives
Brand / Marketing Assets and Content Creation
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to marketing content requirements within agreed budget.
- Effectively manage marketing material development and production, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, advertisements etc.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy in all copy and other content working closely with content team
Vendor and Agency Management
- Identify relevant vendors and agencies to increase the business success for the country.
- Build and manage effective relationships with relevant third parties to ensure high quality outcomes for IDP.
- Ensure outputs from third parties are delivered on time and to agreed brief.
Analytics and Reporting
- Make effective use of CRM & other tools (ex: Google Analytics etc.) to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns and track numbers of qualified lead generated vs. target for each destination.
- Proactively escalate / highlight issues when necessary along with ideas of how to improve lead numbers and quality in key KPI’s of Hot/Warm leads.
- Devise appropriate Public Relations strategies as required and in line with business needs.
Leveraging from Wider Region
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication with regional office to leverage all marketing strategies & material that is developed.
- Lead and participate in projects from time to time. These could be country specific like the possible establishment of a country level call centre to qualify leads before they are handed over to local offices for further action or working on projects to allow leverage of marketing best practices across IDP countries.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience (minimum 5-7 years) in delivering high quality marketing solutions with positive, measurable results.
- Highly effective planning and organising, managing multiple competing priorities.
- Creative thinker and able to develop contemporary marketing content.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Able to read, analyse and interpret information effectively.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and nonverbal.
- Problem solving skills and able to implement creative solutions to problems.
- Good team player
- Sound IT skills – Microsoft Office