Marketing | Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Full Time
IDP Education Overview and Context
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We’ve been operating for close to 50 years, creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in over 30 countries and a number of separate business lines offering specialized services to our many customers.
While we will give you more information about each of our business lines shortly, in brief we:
- help international students study in English speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right institution and the right country;
- are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations;
- operate 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia; and
- acquired the Hotcourses Group in 2017, a leading course search database and student engagement company.
As a sector leader, IDP delivers several professional development initiatives including the Australian International Education Conference (AIEC) and the popular English language teaching conference, CamTESOL.
Most importantly our purpose is to help people as they strive to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
IDP’s global team is led by Andrew Barkla, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.
The Global Leadership Team comprises our Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Head of People Experience, Director of Corporate Development, CEO of Hotcourses and five Regional Directors.
Each Regional Director is responsible for managing the complete operations of their region.
All roles within IDP have a sharp focus on delivering outstanding service to our students, candidates, clients and partners.
Our business lines
IDP is a world leader in assisting international students find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network spanning 100 offices across 30 countries.
Our team of experienced and dedicated counsellors are experts at providing trusted advice to students and their families at every step of the international education journey.
Close to 9 in 10 students placed by IDP recommend our services to their family and friends.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study or work where English is the language of communication.
It covers the four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking.
IELTS results are trusted by more than 10,000 organizations around the world, including universities, governments and employers.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP and Cambridge Assessment English.
English Language Teaching
IDP has been a leading provider of English language teaching (ELT) in South East Asia since 1988.
Our 11 campuses across Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam deliver English programs ranging from short IELTS preparation courses through to extensive Business English programs.
IDP is also committed to helping build the capacity of educators in the region by hosting CamTESOL - a leading English language conference hosted annually in Cambodia.
The Hotcourses Group
IDP acquired The Hotcourses Group in January 2017. Specializing in engaging with students online, Hotcourses produces some of the world’s most popular education search websites.
Hotcourses also provides unique online tools to connect students with universities and colleges around the world.
Hotcourses operates across three main business segments – domestic education (UK), international education and continuing education.
IDP’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe.
We work collaboratively, as together we have the power to generate outstanding outcomes for our customers. It’s the diverse talent, expertise and passion of our people around that makes IDP unique.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
At the core of it all we know that dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views; and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development results in satisfied people who enjoy their time with IDP. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives.
We also offer flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
The Marketing Manager - [Malaysia] is accountable for the delivery of student placement and IELTS candidate qualified lead volume for each business in the country. The role is central to the delivery of revenue and profit objectives and will work with the Region/Country leadership team and office managers to develop marketing strategy and tactical campaigns.
The Marketing Manager - [Malaysia] will also lead the in-country marketing team to ensure quality and successful execution of marketing activities.
- Develop and agree comprehensive annual / quarterly / monthly marketing plans that successfully support the achievement of country goals across business lines within agreed timeframes and to expected quality standards
- Design and agree multi-channel marketing campaigns, including details of the intended source of leads, numbers of leads and related activities that will enable execution of the campaigns
- Work with Office Manager(s) in developing and supporting effective execution of activity calendars including in-office activities and outreach initiatives
- Devise appropriate Public Relations strategies as required and in line with business needs
- Build and maintain strong relationship and communication with the regional marketing team to leverage learning from the wider region on best practices across marketing areas
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to plan and execute all lead generation initiatives in a highly effective manner, which meet the required number of leads by source, enabling the country team to maximize the sales opportunities / business results
- Identify new opportunities for generating leads and make recommendations to Country Director on the proposed investment and projected outcomes to initiate theses new marketing initiatives
- Challenge the status quo by introducing creative and innovative ideas to the management team for consideration
Event Marketing Management
- Plan, schedule and execute marketing activity to support the successful operation of IDP events. This includes pre-event marketing and all activities relating to the event itself
- Prepare marketing & booth designs (with support from Regional Team) and ensure IDP is presented to participants in line with strategic goals and brand positioning
- Support the wider management of events as required and in line with business needs
- Evaluate the success of marketing events from feedback received from both clients and students and improve
Web Marketing (led by Regional Web Marketing team)
- Work with the Regional Web Marketing team to ensure that the local website is maintained and updated to inspire students and to meet agreed objectives
- Drive effective use of websites by developing and implementing SEO/SEM strategies with the Regional Web Marketing team. This includes developing content that will drive students to seek out IDP’s website
- Work closely with Regional Web Marketing team to generate web leads through multiple online platforms (Google, Facebook etc.)
Contact Centre Management – Lead Qualification
- Local Contact Centre setup and management, working closely with Regional Contact Centre team
- Support Contact Centre team to qualify the web leads as per the defined targets
- Monitor Contact Centre performance and work on the ways to optimize performance
- Contact center performance reporting and monitoring
Vendor and Agency Management
- Identify relevant vendors, agencies and partners to increase the business success
- Build and manage effective relationships with relevant third parties to ensure high quality outcomes for IDP
- Create corporate and government links to improve PR and partnership opportunities your team can leverage
Analytics and Reporting
- Make effective use of analytics to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns and track numbers of qualified lead generated vs. target for each destination
- Proactively escalate / highlight issues when necessary along with ideas of how to improve lead numbers and lead quality
- Lead, develop and maintain a high performing team that will deliver IDP’s key marketing objectives from a corporate unit perspective
- Create an environment that delivers opportunities for collaboration and co-operation across the wider regional marketing teams
- Set performance targets for key performance indicators for team ensuring all delegations are clear
- Contribute to building a positive work environment within the team based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality
- Build positive and effective relationships across all levels and functions of the organization to deliver required results
- Build and maintain strong relationships and communication with regional office to leverage all marketing strategies & material that is developed.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions related to marketing requirements to achieve KPIs within agreed budget
- Manage budget and resource allocations effectively to deliver business priorities
- Exercise appropriate stewardship over IDP assets and intellectual property
- Expenditure is in line with agreed budget and business priorities
- Undertake any other lawful duties as reasonably directed by management
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in delivering high quality marketing solutions with positive, measurable results
- Highly effective planning and organizing, managing multiple competing priorities
- Creative thinker and able to develop contemporary marketing content
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills
- Able to read, analyze and interpret information effectively
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and nonverbal
- Problem solving skills and able to implement creative solutions to problems
- Good team player
- Knowledge of MS office (excel, PowerPoint) to populate various marketing reports
- Accomplished knowledge of the education industry
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
Background check is mandatory.