Lead Migration Specialist
Digital Campus - Data Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities, and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities. IDP over its half a century’s business service provider has an enormous volume of data which is its core IP. IDP operates in 33 countries for Student placement and in 60 countries for IELTS. Our websites have over 100 million visitors a year and have the World’s most comprehensive course and institution search across 40+ sites.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
You’ll spend time on the following:
In this role you will be working with IDP’s Data Engineering and Governance, an enterprise capability team and be responsible to drive transformation effort towards the right outcomes for students, clients, and student placement network.
- Lead the organisation’s data management Strategy engagements, specifically in the application and portfolio migrations to the Cloud.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to establish data migration roadmaps and priorities. Establish detailed migration project plans and execute against them.
- Direct the implementation and configuration of migration tools from demo and pilot efforts to full-scale enterprise level phased migrations.
- Responsible for delivering migrations within schedule, scope and budget as designed in the migration strategies.
- Create best practice detailed migration plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans according to the cloud migration strategy.
- Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through proactive communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams.
- Lead rapid migration approaches for cloud-based solutions utilizing agile project management approaches.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
Here’s what we’re looking for: -
- Minimum 5+ years of recent experience in Cloud IT transition, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
- Hands-on experience with phased migration and production parallel execution
- Hands on experience in coordinating large scale UATs
- Proven experience in successfully managing and delivering large and complex end-to-end business application migration to cloud projects
- Experience in legacy application modernization and Cloud migrations
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements
- Desired Knowledge, Skills and Competencies include: (1) AWS/GCP/MS Azure Cloud Technology, (2) Cloud Management: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field is preferable.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.