IELTS Operations Manager
IELTS | Sapporo, Japan | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Operations Manager is responsible for managing the IELTS examinations in Sapporo and other designated cities in Japan and supporting the growth strategy for IDP operations in Japan.
The IELTS Operations Manager will work closely with the IELTS Australasia & Japan regional team in managing test centre operations and promoting IELTS tests and its related products.
- Ensure all test takers receive exemplary customer experience at every contact point before, during and after sitting the IELTS test
- Ensure all staff involved in testing are culturally sensitive
- Provide services and support to clients with a disability
- Manage, motivate and develop staff to provide outstanding customer service
- Ensure that all escalated customer enquiries and complaints are dealt with promptly, in line with agreed standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to influence others with diplomacy, tact and discretion, and confidently communicate with stakeholders
- Develop cooperative relationships with IELTS stakeholders
- Plan and publish test sessions in all different IELTS systems and websites ensuring that market demand is met
- Oversee operations of the tests conducted in designated cities
- Ensure appropriate test venue arrangements are in place prior to each test
- Conduct end to end reviews of process activity to ensure processes performed by teams are effective and identify areas of opportunity and process improvements
- Support and provide all information required to the IDP IELTS investigations team and notify outcome to test takers
- Review and approve requirements for disability customers and customers with alternative forms of identification
- Conduct regular integrity and quality checks
- Planning and execution of test contingencies
- Supervise the timely delivery of results to customers and Recognising Organisations
- Manage test centre Examiners, including recruitment, training, and certification within the PSN guidelines
- Financial and statistical reporting and payment authorisations are conducted accurately and on time
- Supervise the transfers, refunds and Enquiry on Results processes
- Document and share operational management knowledge via the IDP IELTS Knowledge Bank (iKnow)
Quality & Compliance
- Independently perform self-audits on the relevant IELTS test centre as scheduled and provide documented feedback and reports
- Ensure test centre and off-site testing operations are managed within the IELTS operating procedures
- Ensure adherence to all IELTS manuals and company policies and guidelines
- Ensure adherence to Professional Support Network policy and procedure of all Examiner Trainers and Examiners
- Assist with the development and implementation of IELTS policies
- Ability to work in a professional manner with stakeholders and in accordance with organisational values
- Liaise with management to facilitate contracts for various IELTS business aspects as required. Monitor all current contracts to ensure terms are adhered to
- Inform Line Manager of issues regarding risk management/ security to ensure test centre compliance with security policy and procedures.
- All invoices for payment are processed in a timely manner
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to test day staff on their daily tasks
- Drive recruitment process and training, development and staff management
- Lead by example, setting focus and performance expectations, providing training and development where appropriate, and effectively managing underperformers through appropriate process
- Perform quarterly and annual staff RISE reviews
- Create a healthy and safe work environment
- Assist with the budget for IELTS testing, including test revenue and all associated costs and expenses such as staff, venue, storage, premises etc.
- Provide regular management and financial reports on testing as required
- Statistical analysis of centre data to monitor and identify candidate trends including centre candidate targets
- Ensure all test centre business operations provide annual business plans are aligned with IELTS objectives
- Coordinate and deliver IELTS tests at different locations or venues as required
- Continually monitor test availability to ensure test centre meets current demand and budgeted volume targets
- Participate in IDP project related activity
- Manage the delivery of approved projects on time, within budget and in accordance with annual plans and targets
- Supervise Test Centre staff on tasks/ projects as required
- Pilot and champion IDP systems and initiatives
- Plan and deliver project activity in line with business needs and as agreed with management
- Assist in the stakeholder management to maintain stakeholder satisfaction and integrity of the test
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders both internal and external.
- Communication to stakeholders is consistent with approved messaging from IELTS Australia corporate
- Provide input to presentations to external stakeholders as required
- Draft responses to queries from external stakeholders as required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Client management experience
- Strong administrative and sound financial skills
- Strong written and verbal English and Japanese communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware, peripherals and computer network
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload; strong organisational skills
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Contract management experience would be an advantage
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.