Administration | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of the Finance and Strategy functions and activities related to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) and Chief Strategy Officer (“CSO”) of IDP Education Australia/IELTS Australia.
- Manage the diaries of the CFO and CSO; evaluate and prioritise meeting requests (internal and external), with due consideration to the CFO and CSO’s expectations and time allowances/constraints
- Ensure CFO and CSO are prepared for meetings and events with the relevant documents, speeches and other resources available in advance
- Manage and coordinate travel and visit arrangements for CFO and CSO including development of itineraries, background / country briefings, flights, visas and accommodation
- Act as point of contact and liaison between the CFO and CSO, management and staff and external enquiries in CFO and CSO’s absence from office
- Coordinate CFO and CSO’s activities related to IDP and IELTS Boards
- Attend and draft meeting minutes for Audit and Risk Committee (ARC), producing papers and minutes for IELTS board and subsidiary board meetings
- Evaluate and prioritise incoming communications to CFO and CSO (telephone, email, written) as required and where appropriate redirect to relevant executive/area for response/action; monitor redirection and follow-up; keep the CFO and CSO informed of actions/responses
- Manage expenses for CFO, CSO and IDP Board members
- First point of contact for the CFO and CSO, both internally and externally
- Organise and deliver the annual Finance conference (establishing budgets, sourcing venues, developing invitation lists, programs/agendas and running sheets, event management)
- Organise internal meetings and staff functions, including agendas, catering etc
- Coordinate the execution of contracts by relevant parties in a timely manner
- Maintain an accurate contract register
- Work closely with Group Financial Controller and Group Tax Manager to complete variations in a timely manner.
- Draft and complete all IELTS fee variations
- Coordinate and manage relationship with Lawyer and Notary Public Work closely with Lawyer and Notary Public in Canberra, advising of requirements and handling invoices/bills.
- Manage IDP travel vendor, working closely with the CFO
- Report on travel spend and vendor performance
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Maintain agreement/contract with vendor
- Experience in supporting senior executives
- High degree of organisational and planning skills with an eye for detail
- Great attention to detail and proof-reading ability
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in e-mail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Sound judgement and personal integrity
- High degree of motivation, initiative and flexibility Event management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to travel and work away from home
- Experience in working in dynamic global environment
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.