English Language Teacher Opportunities
English Language Teaching | Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
Established by IDP education in 1992, the Australian Centre for Education (ACE) is a leader in the provision of English Language Teaching services in Cambodia and in the South East Asia region. ACE is the largest, longest established, most respected, and best equipped ELT institute in Cambodia and has 200 teachers and 18,000 students.
Would you like to teach in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, in Cambodia, a country located in the heart of South East Asia and ASEAN? There are exciting teaching opportunities for fully qualified native level English-speaking teachers at the Australian Centre for Education Cambodia at three campuses in Phnom Penh and one in Siem Reap province.
Phnom Penh is a bustling city that is developing fast, with excellent facilities for foreigners, and perhaps the best, and cheapest restaurants in South East Asia. Siem Reap was voted a top Tourist Destination of 2015, and is a delightful place to live and work, with the magnificent temples of Angkor just a short ride away. The spirit and essence of old French Indo-China is preserved in a country, which at the same time, has one of the fastest growing economies in ASEAN.
Cambodia is a great place to live and work, why don't you give it a try?
- Provide teaching services in accordance with the professional standards expected at ACE
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary teaching materials as necessary to help students learn more effectively in addition to using ACE curriculum and materials
- Supervise and keep records of relevant student assessments and exams
- Keep accurate records of student class attendance, their study progress and provide ongoing support.
- Strictly adhere to the academic policies and approach endorsed at ACE
- Participate in or conduct relevant professional development sessions
- Assist with relevant academic and public relation activities and events
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- ACE is accredited by NEAS, an Australian ESL industry standards body, and the minimum requirement for all applicants is an undergraduate degree plus a CELTA, or accredited equivalent.
- All applicants will be required to provide original or acceptable certified copies of certificates. An equivalent ESL qualification should contain at least 120 hours of classroom instruction, usually intensive over a four-week period, a practical teaching component and should be accredited by a recognized body.
- ACE is an initiative of IDP and is committed to protecting the rights of children and may request evidence of current police clearance.
- Flexibility (e.g. adjusting to changing circumstances and working on a variety of tasks)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning/professional development
- Strong commitment to professional integrity and ethical conduct
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- A minimum commitment of 12 months is required
Please submit your CV, cover letter, and certificates. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.