Education Counselor Melbourne
Student Placement | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
An ASX100 business with a 50 year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
At IDP, our people are always at the forefront of what we do. We strive to provide workplaces that are truly diverse and representative of the communities that we work in, so our people feel empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work. We are focused on continuing to build a culture of inclusion and belonging by providing a safe work environment where all our people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, and seek new ways to solve meaningful problems.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
We are evolving rapidly. This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global education and opportunities, through leveraging innovative technology and a creating a connected world.
With our core business in student placement, digital marketing, English-language testing, and training across a global network, we are a global leader in the international education sector. If you share our passion for creating great customer experiences and thrive in an innovative culture, come join hands with us.
The Education Counselor guides international students to find the institution that best meets their learning and career aspirations. Driving the achievement of your pipeline goals, customer satisfaction and advocacy targets through each stage of the student journey.
The Education Counselor is also responsible for directly promoting IDP products and services to students, supporting and referring students with issues other than placement.
This is a Full time permanent role at Melbourne.
- Provide information and advice to international students and their families regarding study opportunities in Australia, in English and other languages as applicable.
- Submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrollments.
- Follow up leads and inquiries and maximise the number of applications submitted and finalised.
- Support IDP network students with on-arrival issues and/or on-shore IDP services.
- Screen IELTS customers and Student Service customers to identify opportunities for cross servicing and action applicable cases to increase uptake of both services.
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using C4C for managing student cases and running performance reports. Ensure accuracy in data entry and management.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes.
Customer Service Orientation
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone, live chat and email inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on student inquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required
- Provide customer service to IELTS test takers and students visiting the student services office
- Managing reception occasionally including responding to and redirecting queries where required
- Assist and promote IDP IELTS test candidates with general information and test bookings
- Assist students with on-arrival issues and provide them with on-shore IDP Services
Interactions and Team Work
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions (included above) and twice-a-year exhibitions
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Provide input on marketing activities to promote IDP brand and services and work with Marketing Coordinator to coordinate the advertisements on community newspapers and websites.
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threat in the market
- Listen and present information to students, colleagues and other staff
- Share market information and insightful updates on issues and market trends to peers
Building Collaborative Relationships
- Work with Marketing Manager & Team Leaders to develop relationships and projects with Institution representatives
- Build good working relationships with IDP network counselors and marketing and admissions staff from institutions.
- Proactively seek partnership opportunities with industry stakeholders such as student associations, migration agents, referral partners
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 6 months working experience as a Education Counsellor / Consultant in Australia.
- Achievement oriented and customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency in English and Fluency in Second language desirable.
- Collaborative and a team player
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and Internet skills
GOOD TO HAVE
- Understanding of Immigration system/visa pathways.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP is truly international. We have a culture that celebrates diversity. With more than 5,000 people around the world, when you join IDP you become part of a connected community that supports you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
If you identify as a member of an underrepresented community, we encourage you to apply, even if you feel you do not meet all the criteria, but have relevant skills, experience and capability that will enhance the role. At IDP, you can be yourself, be seen, heard, valued, and celebrated every day for your meaningful contributions. If you require any adjustments, let us know.