Education Counsellor Toronto-New!
Student Counselling | Hybrid in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Who We Are
At IDP we’re bringing the world a little bit closer together each day through the power of education. In fact, we’ve been innovating in this space for over 50 years and are just getting started.
That’s why IDP is recognized around the world as a leader in the global education services industry. We’re publicly traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (IEL:ASX) with a current market cap in excess of $10 billion, operate out of 50 counties, and our websites attract more than 100 million visitors every year.
Today, we’re making education more accessible, helping students feel more connected, and ensuring students perform better in both their schooling and ultimately their career through the power of our digital platform. Here’s how:
- With IELTS Online, we’re making the world’s most popular English language test for work, study, and migration available to people when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it.
- Our IDP Live app makes studying abroad and staying connected easier than ever. Through the app, students can engage with alumni, counsellors, and institutions and even apply for programs and get a decision in minutes. With an ambitious features roadmap, we’re building the global hub for study abroad student success.
- We’re leveraging the power of data to guide educational institutions the world over to ensure decisions are informed by the diverse needs, challenges, and motivations of students, helping to create better educational outcomes for all.
Did you know Canada is one of the world’s premier study destinations? Every year, hundreds of thousands of students come to Canada—And that number is growing. That’s why we’re rapidly expanding IDP Canada’s operation to meet consumer demand in the west coast and deliver a world-class student placement experience here in Canada!
To do that, we’re hiring an Education Counselor in Toronto to connect and serve our customers better. You’ll work closely with members of current counselling team in Toronto, Business Development team, and Marketing team to grow IDP’s student placement business in Canada.
- Proactively engage with international students and their families in Toronto and the East Coast of Canada to promote IDP services and support products
- Provide them with information and advice on study opportunities and visa applications in Canada
- Submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments
- Follow up potential students and maximise conversion of students submitting applications and finalising enrolment through IDP Canada
- Assist students with on-arrival issues and provide them with on-shore IDP Services
- Follow standard CRM sales process to record and update all student interactions and applications, follow through on students’ enquiries and applications
- You are holding a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent
- Working experience in Canada, preferably in an Education Agency
- Fluent in English and a language corresponding to IDP Canada onshore customers (eg. Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Korean etc. )
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation
- Highly sales driven
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of onshore international students
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
Why Work with Us?
- Flexible work hours and hybrid work model
- Highly competitive base salary and bonus plan
- Full health benefits from day 1 of employment
- The opportunity to join a high-growth business supported by a 10 billion dollar global parent company. A start-up vibe with a large multi-national financial backing