Student Counselling | Perth, Western Australia, Australia | Full Time and Contract
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in Australian education institutions specifically but not limited to the sub-continent region. The Education Counsellor is also responsible for directly promoting IDP products and services to students. The counsellor will also provide support and referral for students with issues other than placement.
- Provide information and advice to international students and their families regarding study opportunities in Australia, in English and other languages as applicable
- Effectively maintain and manage up-to-date leads (potential students) and applications pipelines to maximise conversion
- Submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments
- Follow up leads and enquiries and maximise the number of applications submitted and finalised with IDP
- Support IDP network students with on-arrival issues and/or on-shore IDP services
- Screen IELTS customers and Student Service customers to identify opportunities for cross servicing and action applicable cases to increase uptake of both services
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using CRM for managing student cases and running performance reports. Ensure accuracy in data entry and management
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on student enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required
- Organise student excursions and cultural events
- Manage in-house interview sessions where students can meet institutions representatives to submit applications on the spot
- Provide exception customer service to IELTS test takers and students visiting the student services office
- Work with Marketing Manager & Team Leaders to develop relationships and projects with Institution representatives
- Build good working relationships with IDP network counsellors and marketing and admissions staff from institutions
- Proactively seek partnership opportunities with industry stakeholders such as student associations, migration agents, referral partners
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions (included above) and twice-a-year exhibitions
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Share knowledge and market information with colleagues who may find it useful
- Maintain and update generic IDP and institutional information materials
- Provide input on marketing activities to promote IDP brand and services and work with Marketing Coordinator to coordinate the advertisements on community newspapers and websites.
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threat in the market
- Listens and clearly presents information to students, colleagues and other staff
- Shares market information or knowledge with others
- Provides regular and insightful updates on issues and market trends to peers
- Keeps Manager informed of progress and problems
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Knowledge of Australian education institutions and their international operations
- Achievement orientated
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Organisation skills
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
- Fluent in English and a second language either in Vietnamese or Hind or one of the other subcontinent languages
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.