Digital Marketing & Events Specialist
Marketing | Manila, Philippines | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Digital Marketing & Events Specialist role is accountable for planning, coordinating, and delivering events, contributing to student placement lead volume and IELTS test bookings.
The role is central to the delivery of revenue and profit objectives and will work with the in-country marketing and Regional teams and ensure quality and successful execution of marketing initiatives.
1. Events Marketing Management
- Supports the marketing manager to define the physical and virtual events calendar and objectives, plan and ensure execution in time in partnership with the Operations, Destination and IELTS teams
- Align with both internal and external stakeholders for the successful coordination and delivery of events
- Set up our events via our digital events platform CVENT, which includes the creation of registration pages, landing pages, client and counsellor portal set-up and UAT, and more
- Have campaigns and communications plans planned & executed well in time to contribute to the success of IDP virtual & physical events. This includes creating awareness of the event & generating leads to drive student attendance
2. Event Marketing Content Creation
- Coordinate with marketing manager to develop and produce content for use on both traditional and digital media platforms
- Examples include but are not limited to social media posts, digital banners, website articles, brochures, flyers, advertisements, etc.
- As required, support the Marketing Manager in developing communication materials necessary to support event marketing and company branding initiatives
3. Digital Marketing
- Support the rest of the local marketing team to ensure that the local websites (idp.com and ielts.com) are maintained, updated, managed effectively and developed to meet agreed objectives
- Web development knowledge/the ability to develop/edit the website independently is a plus
- Support the digital marketing strategy on social and paid channels (SEM, Display, and Social Media) as needed
- Liaise with the IDP global web support team to drive ongoing enhancements and projects, such as SEO initiatives, etc.
- Collaborate with regional marketing to plan and drive effective digital marketing campaigns to establish IDP as the leader vis-à-vis competition in the web space by ensuring high quality and relevant web content, SEM, Social and other initiatives
4. Web Analytics, CRM & Reporting
- Make effective use of CRM & analytic tools (Google Analytics etc.) to evaluate effectiveness of marketing event campaigns, events and initiatives, apply learnings / insights to drive better outcomes in future campaigns and track numbers of qualified lead generated vs. target for each destination for IDP (assigned countries)
- Track conversion rates and assess event campaign ROI.
- Trends and issues are reported back to management in a timely and effective manner
- Contribute to and be an active member of the IDP community of best practice for Digital Events
- Contribute to building a positive work environment within the team based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality
6. Financial Management
- Manage event budget and resource allocations effectively to deliver business priorities
- Exercise appropriate stewardship over IDP assets and intellectual property
- Expenditure is in line with agreed budget and business priorities
- Undertake any other lawful duties as reasonably directed by management
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience (minimum 3 years) in delivering high quality marketing solutions with positive, measurable results and a key focus on omnichannel event marketing
- Creative thinker and able to develop contemporary marketing content and solutions
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills
- Able to read, analyse and interpret information effectively
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and non-verbal
- Updated on the latest marketing trends
- Good team player
- Digital marketing experience, with competence in strategy through to execution
- Ability to perform creative graphic design work
- Proficiency in platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, etc.
- Experience in copywriting
- Knowledge in photo and video editing
- Knowledge in HTML and web development
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.