Digital and Marketing Content Specialist
Marketing | Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Full Time
BUSINESS UNIT/TEAM OVERVIEW
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Ireland, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing, and training.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
This position will be responsible for digital and marketing communications content creation for IDP Malaysia. This includes, social media platforms for both IDP and IELTS, exhibition/virtual fairs, IDP/IELTS websites and below the line collaterals. We need a team member who has managed all content initiatives, especially driving web and SEO content, across multiple platforms. This individual should be an expert in all things related to content in print, digital and social media. This position will work closely with IDP Malaysia’s Head of marketing and the regional content team.
- Produce original, precise, clear and trustworthy content for IDP websites.
- Rewrite existing content as per latest brand guidelines.
- Develop content according to the tone of voice of IDP Brand.
- Emailer / Landing page / Banners / infographics copy writing
- Proof reading
- English to Bahasa language translation for web content
- Regularly writing compelling and original articles with titles, headings and descriptions for topics shared by SEO team.
- Ability to research and write articles for various topics
- PR content creation
- Blog Management (writing and posting)
Social Media Content
- Work with HOM and Communications team on all social media content and strategies
- Incorporate Global and Regional initiatives
- Create brand and tactical campaigns to generate engagement and awareness for both IDP / IELTS
- Conduct analysis and market research on current social media trends
- Generate robust social media calendar that targets:
- IELTS – Brand and tactical
- IDP – Destinations/Office Activities
- Content – branding
- Manages all social media postings – FB & IG and other new platforms
- Lead the content team to create social media content strategies and engagement
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, and Google+) posts creation
- Writing Content/Headlines for Social Media Posts.
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
- Develop ideas derived from online/offline research
- Write content articles on tending topics
- Content curation of defined themes/topic
- Keep content of the website updated and accurate
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven 3+ years of content creation work
- Good grasp of both English and Bahasa language
- Excellent overall writing and editing skills in several different styles/tones in both languages (English and Bahasa Malaysia). Having Chinese language written and understanding skills will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in education industry would be an advantage
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Outstanding writing skills, grammatical correctness and attention to detail
- Understanding of basic SEO
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision in a non-traditional setting
- Good communication skills in person, on the phone, and in e-mail
- Experience editing and fact-checking
- Ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Should have personal blog
- Experience in Social Media Marketing and Posting Contents
- Have integrity with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Strategic thinkers, who able to plan, process, and analyze
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- A problem solvers who have an outgoing personality
- Experienced with tools and platforms such as MS Office (Words, PPT and Excel), Google Drive, and Google Spreadsheets)
- Have experience and comfortable working with multiple vendors, agencies
- Eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current, ever-changing marketing trends
- Enjoy working as part of a team & have a good sense of humor
Background check is mandatory.