Destination Manager (US and CA Market)
Student Placement | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We help international students study in English speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right institution and the right country.
We’ve been operating for close to 50 years, creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in over 30 countries.
In 2017, we acquired the Hotcourses Group, a leading course search database and student engagement platform.
IDP is also a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test and operates 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia.
DESTINATION MANAGER – US & CA
Key responsibilities for this position;
- Achieve the annual budget for Student Placement (US & CA) & execute the long term strategy of the company to strengthen its position as leading student placement service provider across all destinations. This to be achieved by finding the right balance between local needs of customers and global operating model.
- Together with Country Director, Office Managers and Marketing Manager, build multi-destination business size to achieve the target.
- Be the focal contact point for US and Canada clients for better service and for effective communication to clients.
- Co-develop and co-execute the destination-wise activity calendars with marketing team to deliver pipeline leads and conversion targets by intake.
- Provide strong business leadership, instilling IDP’s vision for the organisation and a performance driven culture with the office team.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, ongoing communication thereby driving for high engagement and excellent business results.
- Provide destination training, knowledge training for counselling team, certify the counsellor who are qualified to do the counselling works.
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement and client relations. Take the leading role to develop business model, proactively manage clients and follow up execution plan by the MDOM business model.
- Build strong working matrix relationships with country teams – destination and marketing, IETLS and ELT - to deliver optimal results.
- Contribute to building a world class operating environment by exhibiting a collaborative but decisive operating style.
- Be a productive and effective member of country leadership team and supporting Country Director through exhibiting a collaborative operating style but ensuring that decisions are taken on time.
- Solid knowledge in AU & NZ education systems, institutions and industries
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Demonstrated skill in a customer facing multinational company with experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress.
- Ability to deliver training and coaching for Education Counsellors
- Advanced understanding of local education market and ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Proven ability to motivate counselling team to achieve demonstrable outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing diverse stakeholders (clients & students) – with diverse interests – to their satisfaction, but always keeping to the ultimate goal of the organisation.
- Strong problem solving skills
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- Salary: negotiation
- 13th month salary.
- Bonus in the end of year.
- English Training scholarship for staff and family in ACET.
- 15 working-days recreation leave and 10 days sick leave
- Annual medical examination.
- Staff development & training abroad.
- Outing Trip.
- Other benefits according to IDP’s policy.