DC - Experience & Research | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
• Purpose of this role is to use research and data intelligence to produce insights into customer behaviour to help guide strategy and decision making to support IDP’s ‘customer first’ transformation
• Inform IDP’s global CX Research program with relevant insights and intelligence developed from research, data analysis activity.
• Develop reports to share observations and recommendations with relevant business departments.
• Monitor the quality and effectiveness of datasets and develop strategies for their enhancement or efficiencies
• Undertake analysis to identify business growth opportunity, contributing data/insights to business cases for new products and services
• The CX Researchers role supports the broader global CX Research programme
The key driver of the role is
• To understand our customers, to increase customer engagement, sentiment, satisfaction, trust, recommendation and advocacy outcomes,
• by understanding, evaluating and providing insights from the data that can be used to drive customer led and data driven initiatives and projects, and
• ensuring customer representation, accuracy, qualityand operational scale is achieved.
This role supports the CX Research program which
• Activates and embeds CX and NPS best practice across the business
• Aggregates, leverages and analyses CX and NPS data, through research, analysis, insights and recommendations
• Activates and drives external customer led and internal customer adopted actions and projects, that ultimately improve the customers experience, and
• Drives outcomes from the Global Customer Road Map and Global Product Roadmap, ensuring our external customers voice is represented in improved in our technology solutions or business processes.
Deliver insights and data which enhance
• customers experience
• competitive understanding and/or
• support business development
• converting analytical findings into meaningful and actionable insights, identifying and communicating opportunity
Coordination and Communication
Administrate and coordinate multiple and differing customer sets and labs
• Student and Network panel/sample primarily, others on request
• Panels/samples must be up-to-date and accurate.
Coordinate and communicate to and from multiple and differing customer sets and labs, including
• Coordinating a calendar of multiple panels/samples, dates and time zones and projects
• Communication and coordination to and from panels/samples before, during and after labs
• Coordinating high quality and accurate communications to and from panels/samples
• Coordinating value-adds back to panels/samples e.g. certificates for participation for students and/or incentives
• Includes digital channels ie email, community portals or social channels, phone or other channels
• Must be high quality and accurate and ensure it is easy for customers to participate
Methods and tasks may vary though will include :
Methods and tasks may vary though will include
• Existing desktop research of existing data or available sources
• Transcribing interviews/sessions, must be high quality and accurate
• Scribing interviews/sessions, must be high quality and accurate
• Conducting interviews and focus groups, must be engaging to ensure future engagement by samples
• Executing online polls or surveying, must be engaging and accurate
• May include online, phone or face-to-face, one-to-one or to groups, qualitative or quantitative, customer, non-customer and competitive research, exploratory or validation research
• May include lite co-design, user testing, survey design, AB/user testing
Analysis & Reporting :
Analyze various data sets, including qualitative and quantitative data and digesting data, to
• establish key themes and insights
• identify customer led recommendations
Compile and produce a range of different reports, dependant on the research scope, outcomes and audience, including
• raw data files
• digested data files
• disclosed/undisclosed reports
• graphics, wireframes, journey maps, personas
• research reports
• presentation reports
Present analysis to various stakeholders as required
Inform internal and external stakeholders on the use and interpretation of data and analytics tools to aid strategic planning and decision making.
Use research and data intelligence to produce insights into customer behaviour to help guide strategy and decision making to support IDP’s ‘customer first’ transformation
Inform IDP’s global CX Research program with relevant insights and intelligence developed from research, data analysis activity.
Develop reports to share observations and recommendations with relevant business departments.
Monitor the quality and effectiveness of datasets and develop strategies for their enhancement
Undertake analysis to identify business growth opportunity, supporting the provision of business cases for new products and services
Monitor and share relevant market and industry information, regulatory environment and competitor activity
Establish WOW processes to scale and sustain CX Research program
Collaborate with Melbourne and Chennai-based Leads, Product Owners, Business Analysts and UX researchers and designers to inform their work, via the Global Customer Experience Manger, when required
Specification and Requirements :
Requires demonstrated intermediate research experience, ideally in a consulting/professional services role
Requires excellent data and English skills (IELTS 7 or better)
Requires demonstrated intermediate or above Excel and PPT capability
Requires a demonstrated customer first mindset
Requires passion for data and analysis with demonstrated ability to turn complex data into actionable insight, communicate opportunities and recommendations via professional written reports and presentations as appropriate to the audience and medium
Strong business acumen with the ability to provide appropriate context to offer the ‘so what’ as well as the ‘what’ to identify and seize commercial opportunities.
Desired experience in using CX software tools (e.g. Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Hot Jar, Tableau etc)
A desire to continue learning, developing new skills and understanding new systems to improve product and service offering
Knowledge and personal experience of international education
Knowledge and understanding of key data sources in the international education industry
Degree educated in Business, Statistics or related field
• BTSS Business Manager, Chennai - India
• Global Customer Experience Manager, Melbourne – Australia
• CX Team – including
o NPS PO
o Qualtrics PO
o CX Data Analysts
o RCXMs and CXMs
• Central operations team
• Central marketing team
• IDP Network
o included in Network Labs
o dependant on research project
• Students – existing, current and prospective students
• Parents - existing, current and prospective students
• Clients – existing (when required)
• Industry data sources (when required)
• Market research agency’s (when required)