Marketing | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community with products and experiences that put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Content Strategist leads the roll out of content on new websites across the globe, including training authors on structured content within the Contentful CMS. This role also leads the content strategy for IELTS preparation and supports the content strategy for Marketplace, which connects students with universities, experts and services around the world.
You are obsessively committed to users. When asked to create a piece of written content, you respond, “What user problem does this solve?” Closely followed by, “Where does this fit in the customer journey?” and possibly, “Let’s explore if copy on a web page is the best answer.”
You come from a UX or journalism or copy writing or design background. If none of those, surprise us. Content strategists often come from unusual places.
Your thirst for learning is insatiable. You read, listen, blog, tweet, preach and breathe content, UX, CX – all the Xs.
You would never, ever, under any circumstances, write ‘click here’ as your call to action. You know Miller’s Law is not a legal term (but believe it should be). You have an opinion on FAQs.
You’re dedicated to the world of content and our savior, Kristina Halvorson.
IDP is building a global and connected marketplace that guides international students into the life and career of their dreams. IDP also co-owns IELTS, which supports test takers’ study, migration and professional ambitions. We not only jointly provide the IELTS test, we help test takers prepare and gain confidence through IELTS support tools and guidance.
Our team creates content experiences that help students understand their options, choose their path and reach their goals. We’re also embarking on a new journey with IELTS to provide a seamless, transparent, personalised customer experience that puts the test taker in control of their outcome.
You’ll be supported by a content strategist, social media specialist, digital design lead, data and analytics experts, the Chief Digital Marketing Officer, and global colleagues.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Local country launches of global website
- Manage the content roll out of new IELTS.com local country sites.
- Groom new and existing components and features, and make data-informed updates to the IELTS content model.
- Oversee the training program of Contentful and structured content.
Content for web, apps and other digital channels
- With the content coordinator and subject-matter expert, deliver an editorial calendar with personalised content for test takers.
- Use a structured content approach and user-centred design principles to write, brief in and map content to give users what they need, when they need it, in the channels they expect it in.
- Use keyword research to increase quality traffic to our websites.
- Measure, test and report on IELTS.com content performance.
Ambassador and user-generated content
- With the social coordinator, support a user-generated content strategy to publish ambassador and expert voices on IELTS channels.
- Manage paid content contributors; from recruiting and briefing, through to editing and invoicing.
- Work with an animator, social media coordinator and subject-matter expert to develop and publish multichannel, structured content.
- Measure and optimise content through A/B testing, analytics, user research and our social listening tool, Meltwater.
- Expand existing style guides and brand guidelines for component-based content authoring, term base, and other considerations.
- Play a key role in IDP’s Marketplace program of content work.
- Manage a content coordinator in Melbourne and lead a small team located in our Digital Campus in Chennai.
- Co-run the global ‘Newsroom’, where content roles from across IDP collaborate on timely content to address events which affect customers.
- Work with influencers and experts to produce content.
- Work with internal and external content partners to co-create content.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAITS
You must have experience creating content and content plans for responsive websites. Worked on apps? Even better. Your recommendations are informed by user testing and feedback, brand direction, and analytics to develop adaptive content, using metadata and structure for personalised experiences.
- You’ve managed large-scale content projects, including content migrations.
- You’ve worked with a headless CMS, such as Contentful or Kentico.
- You wake up upset that there is so much irrelevant and uninspiring content in the world and you feel compelled to do something about it.
- You have experience writing for UX, using SEO principles and writing for the web (and can answer what it actually means to write for the web).
- You’re across UX and user-centred design principles.
- You have impeccable spelling and grammar. Naturally.
- You’ll recite the secret passphrase: here be dragons.
- You use analytics, metrics and A/B tests to improve content performance.
- You can work with enough information to make decisions, then quickly adapt your plan with continuous feedback to consistently deliver value.
- You’re flexible and thrive in teams with a changing environment and context.
- You have experience with keyword research tools, such as SEMrush.
- You have experience managing video and webinar projects.
- You’ve managed a team.
- You understand agile methodology and have the ability to adopt an iterative method and flexible approach for rapid delivery.