Information Services | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations and to empower IELTS test takers to achieve the scores they need.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
Our success comes from connecting International students with the right course in the right institution at the right destination. We are a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations. We not only jointly provide the IELTS test, we help test-takers prepare and gain confidence through IELTS support tools and guidance.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
IDP are continuing to evolve IELTS operations to support our global growth and the integrity of the IELTS brand. This role will assist in the delivery of the major business transformation programme which has an initial February 2021 deliverable. The role will be pivotal in working closely with our Partner delivery teams, Business function teams and Programme teams to plan, document detailed business requirements and processes and then support staff training and roll out towards the end of project delivery.
This is a Fixed term opportunity.
Essential BA Leadership Competence
- Ability to establish relationships and negotiate with people; facilitate engagement across multiple groups of people within and outside the organisation and at various levels
- Ability to challenge in an impersonal and factual manner by evidencing assumptions to question the existing norms and status quo and providing alternatives
- Utilize a flexible problem solving approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and also work effectively as a strong team player in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Select or tailor an appropriate Business Analysis approach based on the projects objects and the business constraints
- Identifies and articulates the BA scope of work, decompose that scope into manageable work packages in line with the selected BA Approach, provides high level estimates for the work packages.
- Liaise with IELTS Partners as necessary to business process changes and provide effective visibility of interactions to IDP team.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards in everyday dealings with the team and stakeholders.
- Provide & share expertise across business change and transformation projects.
Preferred Professional Competence
- Collaboration & Facilitation: Ability to setup relationships and negotiate with people; facilitate engagement across multiple groups of people within and outside the organisation and at various levels.
- Assisting with visioning, fleshing out ideas: Ability to challenge in an impersonal and factual manner by evidencing assumptions to question the existing norms and status quo and providing alternatives
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong core business analysis skills (eliciting and documenting requirements, process mapping, etc)
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience as a BA in software or business process change projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Must be able to regularly work evenings on video conferencing with people from other organisations and geographic locations
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Industry certification in Business Analysis well regarded
- Prior experience and strengths in data modelling, data analysis
- Prior experience or a background in software development.
- High attention to detail and work ethics which encourages accuracy
- Involvement in a digital transformation or multi-system integration project.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions. We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.