Area Manager - Student placement, West & East region - Jakarta
Student Placement | Central Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- Achieve the short term goals in assigned offices for Student Placement & execute the long term strategy of the company to strengthen its position as leading student placement service provider. This to be achieved by finding the right balance between local needs of customers and global operating model.
- Strengthen the leadership position for Australia and build IDP to be the a leading player in Multi Destination
- To provide strong business leadership, instilling IDP’s vision for the organisation and a performance driven culture with the office based teams
- Provide mentoring, coaching, ongoing communication thereby driving for high engagement and excellent business results
- With Marketing and destination teams develop and implement destination wise pipeline goals.
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement and client relations.
- Build strong working matrix relationships with country teams in Indonesia - destination, finance and marketing to deliver optimal results
- Support the IELTS candidate registrations across offices.
- Contribute to building a world class operating environment by exhibiting a collaborative but decisive operating style.
Key Performance Area
Key Responsibility & Measures
Business & Sales Management
1. Drive the development and implementation of office based business plans which address country needs and are aligned to IDP’s strategic milestones - Office based business plans developed and implemented with targets achieved.
2. Set and monitor office level KPIs to support the implementation of the zones business plan - Office level KPI’s set and aligned country business plans and with strategic milestones.
3. Improve zone business performance by identifying and maximising opportunities for leverage across offices of knowledge, skills and infrastructure - Opportunities for leverage of knowledge, skills and infrastructure are identified and implemented with a positive business impact.
1. Provide inputs and once budget is set monitor Pipeline and Revenue budgets of the zone. With finance team, monitor results and initiate corrective action where required - Budgets set and monitored, significant variances discussed with direct supervisor.
2. Collaborate with Finance and Supervisor to implement forecasting methodologies and processes to achieve accurate, timely pipeline and revenue forecasts for all offices within the country - Accurate forecasts are delivered within timelines & Forecasting skills developed across the Offices.
1.Develop and maintain a strong sales and service culture within the business - Sales Productivity and Customer Satisfaction targets are set for each counsellor and office. Regular monitoring and reporting against targets
2.Identify, develop and implement strategies to achieve sales objectives for the offices for student placement. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required - Office sales plans in place and aligned to country targets.
3.Collaborate with Destination Managers, Marketing to develop and implement lead generation programs including events, client office visits, web etc, ensure counselling capacity /capability as per targets and ensure consistent sales, service and client management performance standards and benchmarks which are continuously improved - Sales and service targets and client satisfaction levels delivered.
4.Establish best practice frameworks and mechanisms based on IDP’s core SOP model - Offices operate on IDP’s global SOP’s adapted to local needs.
5.Lead and support Offices to improve Sales productivity through the implementation of global CRM system adoption, pipeline management, conversion benchmarks. Improve sales skills through training - Sales, Conversion and Service targets and client satisfaction levels delivered.
1.Provide inputs and take necessary actions to the ongoing development and maintenance of service and client management performance standards and benchmarks for the offices - Sales targets, satisfaction levels and growth plans achieved.
1.Drive and guide the offices participation in and execution of global improvement projects where applicable - Ex-B2B system 100% successful & Active participation and rollout programs in country.
1.Develop a strong Office management , Counselling, Sales team to oversee the creation of a dynamic, inclusive work place, building the culture while recognising and celebrating innovation success and achievement - Employee engagement survey results, sales & profit
2.Build a performance driven culture - Implement the approved country Performance management and incentive plans in place for all staff
1.Manage and maintain key relationships with clients, and where necessary with government entities ( DIAC, Australian high commission) - Key clients identified and client management plans established and coordinated with country client relations team.
2.Where required, represent IDP Indonesia in forums and events of regional/global significance ( ex- AIEC, Going Global etc) - Knowledgeable about IDP’s strategic objectives, policies and practices and capable of communicating these to various audiences.
1.Speedily determine when an issue needs to be escalated to the Supervisor for resolution - Major issues identified, followed up and resolved without unplanned business impact.
2.Proactively provide timely feedback and advice to the Supervisor on the management of offices and on issues arising from competitor activities, changing business environments, change in student visa policies etc - Is proactive in ensuring timely and topical discussions occur.
1.With support of Finance team manage business systems and processes to ensure that all financial accounting obligations are met to the standard set by IDP and in line with local laws and accounting standards - All offices within the zone are compliant with local laws, regulations and IDP policies.
2.Integrate compliance requirements into staff performance appraisals and annual objectives - Employees are accountable for achieving compliance.
Internal & External
- Country Director
- Country team- Destination , Marketing , Finance
- Office Managers
- Counterparts from other countries
- IELTS staff
- Central CRM & Service Desk team
- Prospective university students
- Local institutions
- Achieve targets for Leads, Applications, Student’s Placed – by office, by destination and by intake.
- Australia & MD client satisfaction ratings
- Staff Engagement ratings
- Maintain trained and certified counsellor numbers by destination across assigned offices
- Effectively implement global priority projects at country/office ( example Application system etc)
- Be a productive and effective member of country leadership team and supporting CD through exhibiting a collaborative operating style but ensuring that decisions are taken on time
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple offices in a customer facing with experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead multi office based team to achieve demonstrable outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing diverse stakeholders (clients & students) – with diverse interests – to their satisfaction, but always keeping to the ultimate goal of the organisation.
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Respects diversity in employees
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good written and verbal English skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.