Transportation Manager (11553)
Transportation | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Transportation Manager to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring all assigned vehicles are in good repair, licensed, and available for assignment in support of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF) facility. Primary responsibilities include verifying all vehicles are equipped and ready for use, ensuring leased and owned vehicles are available for check-in/check-out for use, additional onsite vehicles, to include golf carts, ATVs, and other methods of transportation, are properly assigned to ensure appropriate levels of coverage for staff and security to provide required oversight of the facility. The Transportation Manager reports to the Vice President- Site Operations.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Evaluates vehicle use and needs to meet facility required agreements.
- Establishes shuttle bus routes and schedules to ensure adequate coverage for staff and UC movements.
- Designates assigned vehicles for normal daily operations and emergency events.
- Ensures routine maintenance is conducted on all vehicles to ensure availability.
- Manages transportation staff and duty drivers, ensuring proper driver training has been conducted prior to vehicle check-out.
- Manages and maintains vehicle logs for mileage and use to ensure appropriate quantities of vehicles are available at facilities to meet contractual requirements.
- Establishes vehicle sign-in and sign-out procedures to approved drivers only.
- Establishes evacuation transportation protocols and networks in case of full campus evacuation.
- Drafts, reviews, updates, and maintains policies and procedures relating to vehicle operations and maintenance.
- Schedules transportation for scheduled and unscheduled events.
- May be required to workdays, evenings, and weekends as part of the emergency response process.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Participates as a member of the Emergency Response Team for all emergencies and disasters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid US driver's license
- 2 years of experience as a Fleet Vehicle Manager/supervisor, or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle operating standards and DOT laws regarding passenger vehicle operations
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair standards and predictive maintenance schedules
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and legal requirements of vehicle operation and DOT standards.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, and various computer-based programs and software
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Works well as a team member and independently.
- Skilled in time management
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean driving record for previous 5 years.
- Skilled in managing multiple vehicle types for repairs, charging, inspection, and proper operation.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Must pass an extensive federal background check, including fingerprinting.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and random drug screenings throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Must not have any violations of Domestic Violence or Abuse or any violations against children. This includes any cases that are currently open, were adjudicated, or a conviction was received.
- Must attend work according to routine schedules and during emergencies and disasters.
- Must always maintain current contact information during employment.
- Must have reliable transportation to attend work according to work or shift schedule.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.