Registered Nurse II (2035)
Gen Practice | Dallas, TX | Contract
Registered Nurse II (All Shifts Available)
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and older adults).
• Actively anticipates patient’s and/or patient’s family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care. Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
• Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care. Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion. Shares information and observations of the patient and/or patient’s family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
• Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment. Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc. Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate. Actively involves patient in plan of care and keeps patient, family and/or care-giver informed.
• Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
• Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current literature, and research. Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model – “Relationship Based Care” and delivers care using our Care Delivery System “PACE” - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and Evidence Based.
• Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patient’s families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant other and/or caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
• 8. Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will return.
• Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
• Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and unit/hospital-based initiatives. Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding unit / department budget formulation and implementation
• Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding performance. Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance with policies and standards. Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
• Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core measures, infection control). Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice improvement teams
• Shares professional and technical information with colleagues and students. Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor, charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed). Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an ACEN or CCNE accredited/state approved program.
• Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, course accredited by AHA
• Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification, course accredited by American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
• Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification, course accredited by AAP Other: (oncology, stroke, Breastfeeding classes x 15 hours, lactation orientation)
• At least 1 year of experience.
• Professional certification in a nursing organization is preferred
• Outpatient Experience preferred.
• Rheumatology Experience is preferred but not required.
• EPIC experience a MUST
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.