Quality Assurance Specialist (11935)
Healthcare | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to work with our client. In this role, you will work with medical staff, leaders, and external stakeholders to ensure the quality deliverables and oversee quality assessment activities for an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) designated Influx Care Facility (ICF). This position will ensure compliance with all relevant local, federal, and state regulatory and ORR guidelines.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Implements InGenesis quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Sets specific audit goals, schedule audit activities, and performs quarterly assessment of compliance with meeting those goals.
- Audits technical aspects of medical, nursing, and behavioral health documentation, such as proper format, timeliness of uploads, frequency of completion, adequate spelling, naming conventions, punctuation, and grammar.
- Reviews Office of Refugee Resettlement Portal and Agency-approved platforms for compliance with uploads requirements and updates, ensuring the well-being of minors in care.
- Monitors compliance and documentation, conducts reviews, and verifies medical and nursing staff competencies.
- Monitors compliance with performance standards outlined in the contract for medical and behavioral health services. Reports any deviations to CMO/CNO.
- Investigates and responds to Quality Assurance inquiries, problems, questions, or requests in a timely and professional manner to ensure resolution and positive outcome.
- Assists with regular on-site audits to support the program, improve documentation, and ensure compliance with minimum standards.
- Identifies issues and trends, analyzes data, proposes solutions, keeps statistics and reports to management for performance improvement opportunities.
- Prepares reports for Investigators and medical staff to effectively communicate findings and works with leadership to implement suitable recommendations for corrective action.
- Presides over audits and assists in preparing for outside audit/monitoring visits and collection of delinquent data.
- Provides Significant Incident Report guidance, ensuring that significant incidents are accurate, correctly reported, and documented.
- Performs training and evaluation of medical, nursing, and behavioral health teams with regard to adherence to relevant clinical operations and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science, Healthcare, or related degree.
- Previous experience (minimum 2 years) in quality improvement and compliance or related field.
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of quality assurance.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory standards.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.