Medical Records Abstractor (12429)
Medical Records | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Medical Records Abstractor
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a part-time Medical Records Abstractor to work with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will work with the Enhancing Reviews and Surveillance to Eliminate Maternal Mortality (ERASE MM) program team to ensure complete and accurate record abstraction and entry.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Correspond with record owners.
• Collect records from hospitals, clinics, coroners/medical examiners, police, etc.
• Collect data on pregnancy associated deaths and request records for review.
• Perform a comprehensive review of all record types.
• Abstract demographic, diagnostic, clinical, epidemiologic, and administrative data from all records into a computerized case record.
• Act as liaison between program and area facilities, working toward the establishment of remote access to medical records.
• Generate and compile reports, as necessary.
• Maintain confidentiality of all records.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, or related field.
• Preferred: 1+ year of experience as a clinical research coordinator or work in maternal mortality review, health-related registries, including cancer, fetal/infant mortality review, etc.
• May consider associate degree with 3+ years’ experience in clinical research or a health-related registry.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.