#We’re hiring! Test Automation Engineer
Technology Services | Chennai, India | Full Time
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. We are building out our team in Chennai to provide continuous global platform development to deliver the greatest products for our customers. If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us in our brand new offices in Nungambakkam in the heart of Chennai.
Test Automation Engineer
IS Service Desk - Chennai, India
This role is part of the Infrastructure Services Team within the Business and Technology Services and Support group. The expected outcomes this role will deliver for IDP and its Customers are:
- Provide advanced testing services across all aspects of the IDP technology environment
- Create, maintain and execute functional and integration automation tests
- Create, maintain and execute manual tests
- Contribute to operational, project and management level reporting
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other team members and other IS teams
- Contribute to IDP projects from time to time as required
Key Performance Areas
- Testing Services
- Automation Testing
- Manual Testing
- Documentation and Reporting
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Customer Service
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification):
- Qualifications – Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Experience – Minimum of 3+ Years of experience in automation testing.
- Knowledge and experience in effectively working with the ITIL framework
- Analysis and problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to staff and management, to quickly identify problems and implement improvements
- Experience with SilkPerformer, Selenium and HPALM
- Strong working knowledge utilising SQL for automation tests and test data preparation
- Ability to analyse when and where test harness / stubbs are required and apply them accordingly
- Strong experience in preparing XML scrips
- Experience building new frameworks and evaluating existing ones
- Knowledge in Appium to automate apps in both iOS & Android.
- Interface automation exposure
- Testing of applications for performance – including for globally distributed end users
- Ability to perform automation feasibility and provide recommendations for different technology stack
- Highly developed communication skills for dealing with enquiries and supporting staff in IT
- Experience working under pressure and organising work priorities
Desirable requirements (leadership & team/project capabilities):
- Experience implementing testing methodologies and QA standards
- Cloud computing environments (highly desirable)
- Customer service skills - Interpersonal skills, particularly negotiation and facilitation, to recognise requirements and ways to satisfy them and maintain good relations with IDP staff and suppliers
- Ability to elicit and define requirements from varying sources
- Training & Certification – ISTQB Certified
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hotcourses. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
We are a world leader in assisting international students to find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network of more than 80 student placement centres in over 30 countries. IDP has placed more than 400,000 international students over the past 45 years.
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System and is jointly owned by IDP and British Council, IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, accepted for study, work and migration; with more than 2.5 million tests taken across 140 countries in the last 12 months. IDP has more than 400 test locations in over 50 countries.
Over 9,000 organisations, such as universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional registration bodies in 135 countries, recognise IELTS scores and rely on IELTS for education, immigration and professional purposes.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.