Software Developer- ASP Dotnet
Information Services | Gurugram, Haryana, India | Full Time
IDP helps young people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education, then come and join our team in our head office, Gurugram (Haryana). We're growing fast and we would love for you to come and join us.
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hotcourses. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
We are a world leader in assisting international students to find the right overseas study option for them, with a global network of more than 80 student placement centers in over 30 countries. IDP has placed more than 400,000 international students over the past 45 years.
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System and is jointly owned by IDP and British Council, IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. IELTS is the world’s most popular high stakes English language test, accepted for study, work and migration; with more than 2.5 million tests taken across 140 countries in the last 12 months. IDP has more than 400 test locations in over 50 countries.
Over 9,000 organisations, such as universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional registration bodies in 135 countries, recognize IELTS scores and rely on IELTS for education, immigration and professional purposes.
ASP Dotnet- Software Developer
This position is a strong hands-on technical position on analysis, design, development and implementation, with a focus on systems integrations.
The Software Developer will be a member of the Information Services Team within the Business and Technology Services and Support group and will report to Senior Technology Manager
The key responsibilities and deliverables of this role are:
- Excellent analytical and programming skills with minimum 3-5 years of experience into Dotnet
- Strong experience and understanding of .NET framework, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API
- Should be hands-on WCF, Entity Framework or LINQ (Any one of the mentioned skills)
- Expertise on Relational Databases like SQL Server 2008 and above.
- Experience with an agile development methodology, Hands on Experience on Application Life Cycle Management using MS Team Foundation Server
- Experience of handling end-to-end development of a module independently.
- Adheres to development deadlines and schedules.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Should be able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- To develop and deliver codes for the work assigned in accordance with time, quality and cost standards.
- Should have good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Participation in the Change Management process
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to queries and requests from the change advisory board
- Complete Change Management records meeting corporate policies and standards
- Participation in Projects as required
- Develop strong relationships with your peers (other managers at Information Services and in the Business) and work collaboratively with them to ensure consistent delivery of solutions throughout the enterprise
- Project Manager or Product Owners evaluation of contribution to delivery meets agreed targets
- Build highly collaborative professional relationships with key internal stakeholders. Become an extension of their teams.
- Maintain effective communication and stakeholder expectation management through any project, support event or initiative ensuring the stakeholders are fully informed as required.
- Positive stakeholder feedback and being sought out to participate in activities.
- All stakeholders effectively engaged as required
- Wow!” our customers by delivering prompt, professional and thorough solutions to their IT needs consistent with the demands of our growing business
- Taking an end to end approach to service management following through on service delivery through the Technology and other related resolver teams.
- Users are benefited with the solutions delivered
- Business derives value on the technology services provided
- Regular operational and KPI reporting
- Issues are managed in a timely manner carefully without causing problems to our customers
Privacy & Security
- Ensure that the privacy and security of IDP Customers and Staff is protected at all times
- Proactive identification of potential privacy or security issues.
- Reporting on security and privacy related incidents
- Coordination and participation in security incident simulation events
- Training and communicating the team on importance of Security and privacy