IELTS Manager (Thailand)
IELTS | Bangkok, Thailand | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
Join us as we grow our team of digital marketing experts across the region to help us build tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For more than 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA and the UK. With more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
We are undergoing a digital transformation and changing the way we support, engage and reach our customers whether they choose to talk with us online, at an event, or in our offices. Our regional teams in South East Asia have been leading the way in delivering this transformation.
The IELTS Business Development and Operations Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the IELTS strategic plan for Thailand and is central to the achievement of IELTS revenue, market share and volume objectives, and customer satisfaction. The role supports Thailand test centre operations in all respects so that centres are able to effectively deliver the candidates customer experience within the compliance requirements for IELTS. This role is also responsible for driving IELTS growth by identifying, pursuing and securing new business opportunities for IDP/IELTS in Thailand, working in collaboration with internal stakeholders across the business.
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Business Operational Support and Performance
- Client Relationships
- In consultation with IDP Country Director, IELTS Regional Manager, Test Centre Administrators and IELTS third party test centre managers, create mid/long-term strategy and develop an annual IDP:IELTS business plan for the country
- Develop and execute an operational plan to deliver the annual program of work (defined in the business plan) based on required performance standards
- Provide input to the Region’s IDP:IELTS business planning process to ensure alignment between IDP:IELTS strategic objectives and the Country’s business plan
- Identify opportunities for IELTS business development within the country that align with IDP:IELTS core business and IDP strategic direction and priorities
- Work closely with the Country Director and IELTS Regional Manager, and collaborate where appropriate with the IDP:IELTS team to scope new business opportunities, with consideration for growth, brand value and business risk. Implement the program of work to capitalise on agreed opportunities.
- Develop and implement new initiatives including undertaking business impact analysis and implementation activities to support ongoing business change and growth in Thailand
- Use and promote the IELTS / IDP brand and brand messaging with integrity in all business development activity
Business Operational Support and Performance
- Support the managers of IDP owned and 3rd party IELTS test centres in Thailand to achieve budget targets, and drive sharing and implementation of best practices between IDP:IELTS and test centres within the country
- Align operations to IDP:IELTS defined standards to ensure that effective processes, policies and procedures are in place to enable the country to operationally support activities at test centres whether IDP owned or third party managed
- Ensure that audit follow up activities and appropriate self-audit plans are in place to ensure that the country is achieving required audit standards
- Participate in local, national and regional forums to share knowledge and expertise on emerging and potential market opportunities and best practice initiatives
- Contribute to building a positive work environment based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards
- Provide leadership and direction to the Thailand IELTS team through recognition, coaching and modelling desired behaviours
- Use awareness of individual strengths and skill gaps to drive personal growth and development
- Provide a clear vision for change as appropriate and an understanding of the internal partnerships that will drive success of the IDP:IELTS operating model
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Suitable business qualification, with 6-8 years’ experience in managerial position and experience of business development including the identification and leveraging of new business opportunities
International work experience within Thailand, some of which is in the commercial education sector
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively in both Thai and English with stakeholders at all levels
- Prior knowledge of IELTS as a product and awareness of the practicalities of IELTS operations is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing principles and demonstrated ability to apply them successfully. Result-driven with ability to operate in highly competitive environment.
- High level of business acumen combined with good knowledge of the commercial environment
WORKING AT IDP
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. We are looking for people who share that passion of making an impact in people's lives.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.