Technical Writing | Waltham, MA | Full Time, Contract, Temporary, and Temp to Full Time
Technical Writer 7334
Are you a Technical Writer with a passion for cutting edge technology? Or a Developer with who is dedicated to educating others through technical content/media? We are looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Senior Technical Writer responsible for managing and driving the content creation of our next generation, scalable IOT SaaS platform. In this role, you will be engaging with Agile teams using your content vision and hands-on technical skills to define, roadmap, and create technical content targeted for SW Developers. You will be responsible for managing the Foundry content process and collaborating with teams to generate technical guides, reference materials, best practices and API documentation. The successful candidate will have initiative to lead documentation work, positive work attitude in a team environment and desire to experiment and quickly understand numerous cutting-edge container cloud technologies.
- Write technical and API content for downstream developers through understanding of Containers (Docker) and SAAS technologies (Kubernetes).
- Learn our Platform software through running and configuring the product.
- Oversee Developer and Product Documentation release and process.
- Manage our product website.
- Work with teams in Agile methodology to gather documentation requirements and understand and gather technical content
- Develop roadmap for documentation
- Reliably meet deadlines related to scheduled content updates, content changes for immediate release to customers, and software release dates
- Conduct interviews and attend meetings with SMEs, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather technical specs and use cases for writing projects
- Work with developers and QA to ensure that documents are accurate
- Participate with Scrum teams to deliver completed and approved content at end of each sprint
- Work with task-oriented, topic-based content in a CMS and WIKI publishing environment
- Create and update screenshots and graphics
- Use JIRA to track work progress
- Open to accepting and incorporating feedback from peers, SMEs, and leadership.
- Document engineering processes and specifications.
- Understanding of software technologies: Linux, SAAS software, API documentation experience
- Self-directed and capable of developing an overall vision. We are looking for someone to completely own and develop our doc set. Ideally, the doc writer should be the one telling the rest of the team what should be documented and how.
- Good not only at summarizing individual bits of complex information but must also be able to take many related topics and combine them into a cohesive whole.
- Must be willing and capable of acting as a customer or user, i.e. developer. The doc writer cannot rely solely on the team to demonstrate the product. To truly understand what you're documenting, you must get the knowledge for yourself.
- Four year college degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Docker, Kubernetes, Swagger experience is a plus
Experience writing, editing, and publishing documentation for technical audiences using desktop publishing tools, DITA, and content management systems.
- 3+ years’ experience writing for software product lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, 3-5 Years of technical documentation experience.
- Lead experience
$50 per hour Waltham, MA 02451 12 Month Assignment, Possible Conversion