Social Worker - MSW (3303)
Professional Counselor | Toledo, OH | Contract
Social Worker - MSW
Work Location: Toledo, OH
InGenesis seeks a qualified and trained mental health professional to perform assessments to determine an inmate's current level of functioning and to evaluate the presence of mental health or substance abuse disorders with the purpose of reducing rates of re-arrest in the future. In this role as the Social Worker (MSW) utilizing your knowledge and skills to prevent recidivism by addressing the psycho-social issues, providing education, and offering social service recommendations to successfully reintegrate into the community upon release. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Within scope of practice, performs psychosocial interventions with clients, performs individual, family or group intervention (e.g., counseling, testing and education of the client), develops intervention goals and objectives designed to give education and resolve client's problems in functioning, participates in process of establishing, implementing and evaluating treatment system's goals and objectives, interviews clients and client's family to establish case goals and objectives, assesses clients and determines specific intervention techniques for clients and monitors client's responses to treatment systems and provides feedback on effectiveness of prescribed treatment, evaluates lower-level social workers' cases and client's progress resulting from prescribed treatment plans.
• Maintains necessary data documents to satisfy requirements of federal, state and local agencies, prepares data requiring social histories, admission/ aftercare summaries, court documents and completes forms required by law and/or department policy.
• Serves on treatment teams and program development teams, attends training meetings, intradepartmental meetings and court hearings and establishes and maintains working relationship with other facilities, agencies and support services in order to coordinate referrals and conduct follow-up services.
• Requires current license as a social worker (i.e., MSW) as issued by State of Ohio
• Completion of continuing professional education for license renewal pursuant to ORC 4757.33
• Computer proficient
• Ability to counsel on sensitive matters; proofread technical materials, recognize errors and make corrections; recognize unusual or threatening conditions and take appropriate actions; understand an abstract field of study; problem solve in situations with many variables; apply social work theories, principles and techniques
• This position is in a male prison and dependability to work schedule assignment is crucial
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.