Siting Specialist (13460)
Scientific Program Analyst | Columbus, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Siting Specialist to work with our client located in Columbus, OH. In this role, you will perform various tasks such as research, planning, facility operations, and cultural and social impact analyses and assessment.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Serve as specialist with comprehensive knowledge in the evaluation of cultural and social impacts in power siting cases.
• Conduct investigations, research and analysis in electric generation and transmission, natural gas pipeline and related utility matters.
• Evaluate economic and financial impacts of utility facilities in relation to sound land use practices.
• Identify significant issues and potential problem areas.
• Conduct field investigations of plant facilities and potential facility.
• Maintain files on applicable energy matters.
• Assist in the collection of relevant information.
• Prepare written testimony on all issues related to power siting applications and other utility matters.
• Defend testimony under cross examination in adjudicatory hearings.
• Assist management in developing agency policy positions and federal/state siting related issues
• Assist management in negotiations and settlement discussions in power siting cases.
• Participate in meetings with company officials, other governmental agency representatives, and others in order to identify and discuss relevant issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Completion of undergraduate core program.
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of following academic fields: city and regional planning, finance, public administration, geology, law, economics, engineering, environmental science, or transportation systems planning.
• Knowledge of land use planning, transportation planning, wildlife management, public relations, and geodetic science.
• Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.