RN End of Life Coordinator
Correctional Facility | Michigan | Full Time and Contract
End of Life Coordinator
As an RN Coordinator, you will experience a rewarding work life in a full time.
- Assessing the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of terminally-ill patients.
- Assisting the patient and family with the Plan of Care to meet their needs and monitor goals, while suggesting appropriate, comprehensive and proactive interventions.
- Working with community Physicians and the Hospice Medical Director to ensure that each patient has individualized medical care including medications, equipment, and supplies that work towards meeting patient and family goals.
- Regularly administering care to a lower-than-average caseload.
- Working creatively in unison with an Interdisciplinary Team, including the patient and their support system, in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical care.
- Educating patients, families, caregivers, and community members about hospice services, and issues related to end of life.
- Providing exemplary care and service to all those you encounter in your work.
- Current RN degree required; hospice, home care, case management or acute care experience required.
- The successful candidate will be skilled in physical, emotional and spiritual symptom management while working in conjunction with an IDT and functioning independently in the field.
- This position requires flexibility in adapting to the changing needs of the patient and family with some nights, weekends, and holiday on-call responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (includes, but is not limited to, the following)
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Medical setting in a correctional facility.
*Position is dependent on contract award*
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.