Pharmacy Technician (10820)
Pharmacy | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work with our client. In this role, you will provide support in all areas of pharmacy practice including preparation of commercial and investigational IV admixtures, refilling automated dispensing units, care of infusion pumps and continuous quality improvement.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- IV Preparation
- Follows standard operating procedures/safety standards when handling, preparing, and waste disposal of hazardous drugs.
- Reports and documents chemotherapy spills.
- Demonstrates the correct use of a closed system and maintains competency.
- Prepares investigational doses by reading the datasheet, follow protocol directions, care when admixing, documenting thoroughly on the investigational card for each drug. Ask for assistance from a pharmacist if needed.
- Successfully completes annual or semi-annual process validations.
- Manages time efficiently by maintaining high productivity.
- Demonstrates system proficiency including, but not limited to BD Cato, Phacts, OneConnect, and control access cabinets.
- Daily Operational Duties
- Equipment maintenance, including BSC cleaning, stocking supplies, balance maintenance, pump retrieval, scheduled QA assignments, cleaning of IV rooms and anteroom, inventory ordering, Pyxis support as needed, and water bath and Baxa Repeater pump cleaning.
- Work Schedule Responsibilities
- Optimizes patient care and customer service by fulfilling all required operational responsibilities including staffing beyond shift as needed to complete all team assignments.
- Ability to flex schedule across areas and shifts based on operational needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Education preferred: Some College
- Certification required: Current Pharmacy Technician Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
- Certification preferred: ACPE Sterile Products Certification.
- Must have one (1) year IV sterile preparation experience and prior pharmacy experience.
- Strong math skills for pharmacy calculations.
- Independent thinking and decision-making abilities are required.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.