Chief Pharmacist (11995)
Pharmacy | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Chief Pharmacist to work with our client. In this role, you will manage pharmacy services and operations for an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position ensures quality pharmacy centered care aligned with the mission, values, and objectives of the ICF and ORR and provides effective oversight of systems, procedures, purchasing, and staff supervision for the department.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates pharmacy services and operations.
- Supervises, directs, schedules, trains and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Develops policies and procedures around medication management and evaluates program effectiveness.
- Serves as the technical expert and resource for pharmaceutical matters.
- Compounds a variety of drugs and medicines with accuracy.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports.
- Maintains safe dispensary practices and procedures.
- Develops policies, procedures and the drug formulary.
- Develops and maintains cost effective pharmacy services.
- Prepares and monitors the budget for the pharmacy.
- Understands, interprets, explains and applies laws, rules and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with others.
- Prepares and presents clear and concise reports and correspondence.
- Learns to input, access and analyze data using a computer terminal.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) required.
- Possession of a valid state license to practice as a pharmacist at the time of employment required.
- At least Five years of experience as a licensed pharmacist with 2 to 3 years of experience as a supervisor or manager.
- Thorough knowledge of methods and procedures used in the practice of pharmacy including chemistry, mathematics and national formulae; federal and state laws pertaining to the dispensing and the use of prescription drugs, including controlled substances; composition, storage and uses of drugs.
- Working knowledge of purchasing pharmaceutical supplies and inventory and compounding of prescriptions and pharmaceutical preparations.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills.
- Able to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.