Revenue Cycle Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Revenue Cycle Analyst 826281
Involves revenue cycle functions for the healthcare enterprise, including system billing, reporting, and support. Ensures account information contains accurate and comprehensive data to provide timely billing and optimal reimbursement for services. Impacts processes to include charge capture, coding, insurance identification, data entry, billing, payment posting, refund processing, and collections. May also be responsible for / integrated with business office operations.
- Under direct supervision, learns to apply dashboards and processes for continuous analysis of revenue cycle functions of limited size and scope.
- Audits data input for all components of revenue cycle management.
- Works on small projects or segments of larger projects, learning to compile data, interpret trends, and perform financial analyses of revenue cycle operations.
- Under supervision, develops skills to assist departments with defining reporting and information requirements. Develops skills to identify data sources and develop routine and ad hoc reports and presentations.
- Under direct supervision, works proactively with assigned departments to assure appropriate revenue cycle practices and compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Acquires skills to participate in teams analyzing revenue cycle workflows to propose improvements in efficiencies and timeliness.
- Assists in developing workflow solutions to maximize revenues.
- Under direct supervision, analyzes charge integrity, reconciliation and charge linkages from ancillary charging systems for the medical center/health system.
- Under supervision, delivers training to patient financial services units on revenue cycle systems, processes and procedures. Patient finance areas include registration, insurance verification, financial counseling and authorization processes.
- Under direct supervision, acts as a Coding Specialist for designated departments.
- Continually monitor billing practices to assure accurate, timely and compliant reimbursement.
- Conducts audits for practice to target areas for improvement and communicates directly with the manager and/or physician(s) to address problem areas.
- Under direct supervision, works proactively with assigned departments to reviewing and compliance monitoring of charge documents, both operative dictations, and encounter data.
- Ensure all applicable documentation necessary to meet insurance carrier billing guidelines.
- Knowledge of any or all of the following: billing, collections, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and cash management.
- Detail-oriented, with organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and complete assignments consistently on schedule.
- Basic communication skills, with the ability to interpret and present clinical financial information clearly and concisely.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to learn to evaluate workflows and systems.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment with internal staff in a wide variety of business and clinical areas.
- Knowledge of reporting instruments, metrics and / or dashboard design.
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet and presentation software.
$30 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94115 2 Month Assignment