Consumer Research Analyst
Business Operations | Miami, FL | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Consumer Research Analyst 920219
This is a temporary contractor position that will primarily support consumer and market intelligence work for the International Division across all brands. The primary region of focus for this role is Latin America. This position will not involve travel.
This person will be an insights expert who approaches challenges with strong cultural, consumer, marketing, and business acumen. They will be curious and analytical, with the ability to quickly translate data from multiple sources into insights and business recommendations that will drive growth for our brands. This person will work with Human Insights colleagues and business partners to prioritize, plan, and execute learning efforts that support critical business needs. They will be responsible for representing the voice of the consumer, ensuring that business decisions are human-centered, and coordinating efforts with both LATAM local/regional business partners and International Human Insights colleagues to efficiently drive business growth goals.
Research Projects & Data Synthesis
- Work with Human Insights colleagues to develop and execute research plans that answer business questions. This includes the process for identifying appropriate research vendors to work with, when necessary.
- Synthesize data and develop insights to enable business growth through primary, syndicated, and existing research.
- Assist in crafting monthly insights reports to be leveraged by business partners.
- Ensures the business has a complete view of the consumer and that this view, along with market dynamics, is leveraged for business decisions.
- Champions the development of fact-based strategies that incorporate deep and broad-based consumer and marketplace knowledge.
- Influences LATAM business unit strategy and research priorities.
Human Insights Team & Cross-Functional Interaction
- Contribute to building an effective Human Insights organization by actively integrating insights across insights verticals (consumer, analytics, syndicated) and partnering with other business units (Canada, Latin America and AMEA)
- Fully engage with cross-functional partners to establish a productive culture of engagement with insights and analysis
- Ensure research is synthesized and easily accessible to colleagues by uploading key documents to our knowledge management platform and participating in the creation of research learning consolidation decks.
Skills and Abilities:
Language - completely fluent (speak/read/write) in English , Spanish is a nice to have
- Business Acumen - strong understanding of business fundamentals and passion to play an active role in helping business partners drive growth
- Results-Orientated - proven driver of business impact (i.e. driving insights to action)
- Courage - willing to speak up and take an unpopular stance
- Data Analysis & Synthesis - ability to synthesize and integrate data from a variety of sources into a cohesive perspective to drive business impact
- Communication - strong written, verbal, and persuasion skills
- Collaboration - ability to work across different teams to effectively drive results
- Technical skills- strong research skills and critical thinking ability; must have experience with traditional market and consumer research sources: quantitative, qualitative, syndicated data
- Organizational skills - ability to stay organized, multi-task, adapt, and manage time effectively
- Problem-solving - ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Agility/Flexibility - ability to quickly adapt to shifts in work priorities and the needs of business partners
- Presentation skills – ability to present to key stakeholders & business partners in a remote work environment; clearly articulate recommendations & link to business strategies
- Curiosity - passion for understanding human behavior, a lifelong learner (always looking to learn new things), and culturally inquisitive (passion for learning about people and cultures that are different from their own)
- Integrate multiple data sources and points of view to craft a recommendation that is stronger than the individual inputs
- Influence business leaders to adopt a new point of view
- Leverage consumer insights to drive differentiated brand strategies for marketing and product innovation
Years and Type of Experience:
- 4+ years market research experience a must; CPG and/or ecommerce a plus.
- LATAM consumer market knowledge preferable
- MBA or Masters of Marketing Research, Behavioral Science Preferred
- Related Undergraduate Degree OK with sufficient work experience
$35-$45 per hour Remote (EST Hours) 8 Month Assignment