Youth Care Worker Lead - Night (11474)
Youth Care | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Youth Care Worker Lead - Night to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for leading Youth Care Worker staff in a dorm unit to provide direct care supervision and maintaining a safe environment for Unaccompanied Children (UC) in accordance with Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) licensing standards, Agency, program, policies, standards, other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. The Youth Care Worker Lead will provide guidance to and assist in documenting daily activities and concerns for the Youth Care Worker staff.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Assist with intake services for incoming UC to include, but not limited to completing the necessary paperwork and assessment, providing the UC with an overview of the program services, and assist with the initial placement, assist with new UC orientation.
- Ensure dorm assignments are consistently updated and provide UC dorm assignments to assigned Youth Care Services Supervisor routinely to ensure accountability and availability.
- Ensure that the basic needs of the UC are provided, and that Youth Care Worker staff are following the approved dorm schedule for activities, policies, and procedures.
- Provide updated schedules to UC and staff regarding laundry days, linen change-out days, and create approved chore list for each UC, tracking status and results.
- Ensure physical safety of assigned UCs and staff.
- Provide relief to Youth Care Worker staff in dorms for breaks, mealtimes, and assist during incidents to return dorm to a safe condition.
- Support the UCs in engaging in educational, recreational, and leisure activities
- Provide appropriate intervention to ensure UC and Staff safety and well-being as required.
- Assist in Observing UC and provide feedback to update the UC's behavior plans or improve their basic living and environment.
- Ensure that YCW staff always maintain constant “Line of Sight” visual observation of UC, during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Work closely with Educational Services and YCW staff to create and provide appropriate youth activities, for indoor and outdoor recreation.
- Report UC safety hazards and risks to the management and/or the clinical staff promptly
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the management, program and clinical staff, UC, and volunteers to meet the needs of the UC and ensure the program goals and objectives are being met.
- Work as a team player and exhibit professional behavior and a positive attitude with both internal and external clients that reflects positively on the Agency and is consistent with Agency policies and practices.
- Conduct stock inventory of dorm linens and supplies to ensure availability for each shift.
- Ensure that dorms and PODs are clean and operational, reporting any housekeeping or maintenance issues immediately to supervisors for action.
- Aid healthcare workers in emergencies affecting UCs and staff.
- Work closely with YCW staff, management, the program, and clinical staff to ensure program operations, goals and objectives are being met and the UC is receiving the highest quality of services and support.
- Follow Code of Conduct as prescribed in the Facility Handbook
- Create a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all new UC assigned to Dorm.
- Organize and assist in orientating new hires.
- Actively exhibit cultural awareness and sensitivity when interacting with children, parent(s)/guardian(s), staff, and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2 years employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting.
- Must be able to lead staff using positive and motivational tactics to keep staff engaged and alert during shifts.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (based on service area and service population), preferred.
- Must be able to work extended shifts during periods of influx, including 12-hr shifts at least once a week or more; weekend rotations may be required.
- Skilled in basic computer data entry and transcribing data into database tracking systems.
- Ability to use visual and auditory awareness within the work environment.
- Ability to provide conflict resolution and de-escalation skills to ensure the well-being and safety of residents and staff.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Skilled in redirecting inappropriate behavioral traits to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize job duties and resident needs.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to remain calm and exhibit compassion.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult and stressful situations.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions:
- This position requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, twisting, and reaching.
- Position works in a child facility and has constant exposure to children.
- Lift, push, pull, and move up to 50 lbs.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.