Vice President Social Welfare and Programs #10959
Healthcare Administration | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently souring for a Vice President Social Welfare Services (SW/P) to work for our corporate office at our client site. We seek an individual who can exercise leadership and discretionary authority for direct care services delivery for a dynamic and growing InGenesis social services campus for 2,000 resident children. This role partners with the Recreations Director, Education Director, Religious Services Coordinator, and Director of Youth Care Workers to collectively manage the comprehensive social services program for the campus. This individual must operate with a high degree of independence, ingenuity, and analytical skill to resolve site challenges. The successful candidate must possess proven relational and administrative skills to positively engage and comply with all applicable State child welfare laws and regulations, and all state and local health and safety codes. The SW/P oversees Religious, Legal, Education, and Youth Care Services, and ancillary services for campus residents until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor.
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously oversees daily operations while ensuring staff members remain compliant with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensures all internal and external security measures are enforced ensuring the physical and mental well-being of resident children to include supervision of all assigned staff/contractors.
- In partnership with the InGenesis Shared Services staff, sets the strategic and action plans for the campus involving residential services.
- Designs, develops, and directs the overall social and educational delivery processes ensuring they are compassionate, analytical, and outcomes oriented.
- Ensures the campus delivers mission-essential social, educational, recreational, and legal services to resident children.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of the results of activities and key measures of success.
- Ensures all social services staff are trained on ORR policies, procedures, cultural competency, and child welfare best practices.
- Ensures the ongoing analysis of systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement in service delivery to residents. Leads process improvement initiatives.
- Monitors, in partnership with other ICF senior leaders, the measured outcomes of campus action plans, identifies opportunities for improvement and leads educational activities to improve those measured outcomes.
- In coordination with InGenesis Shared Services, oversees staff development, counseling, performance evaluations, and hiring of positions for all direct reporting areas.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Manages the budget for areas of direct responsibility.
- Works collaboratively with all executives and key stakeholders across the campus.
- Ensures rigorous, data-driven resident individual service plans are developed to support educational and social service delivery initiatives.
- Remains current concerning industry-wide, best practices, and collaboration and consistently employs and encourages best practices in social and educational service delivery.
- Maintains program compliance and effective, expert multi-level written and verbal communications with the Facility Director, InGenesis Shared Services liaisons, and external regulatory bodies
- Provides proper safeguards and conducts regularly scheduled physical inspections for the health, safety, and welfare of the residents and staff.
- Regularly inspects the physical property of residential service locations and ensures that these facilities are properly maintained.
- In partnership with the Education Director, provide educational services based on individual academic development, literacy level and linguistic ability.
- Assembles and demobilizes task forces and strike teams as necessary to course correct or meet specific staffing compliance requirements
- Provide primarily operational and occasional programmatic support to case management services.
- In partnership with the Executive Directors of Health Services and Site Operations, continually refines and grows holistic and specialized approaches to enhance and encourage trust and a sense of well-being among resident children.
- Leads tours of the campus in combination with the Federal representatives for all internal and external guests to include government officials, community partners and all other visitors ensuring adherence to client policy.
- Approves, initiates, interprets, and enforces policies and directives for efficient administration. Supplements policies with written guidelines and procedures.
- Analyzes and manages direct care services budget processes (i.e., education records, statistical reports, budget estimates, audit findings, corrective action plans) through close coordination with InGenesis liaison staff
- Prepares justifications for proposed/expanded expenditures.
- Provides daily, on-call leadership of direct care services for the campus throughout the duration of this assignment.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure effective and successful operation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Qualifications (Required):
- Master’s degree in social work, education, behavioral sciences, or related field supplemented by courses in business administration
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive work experience in an educational setting, residential youth facility or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Evident leadership experience with managing/overseeing an experienced team of professionals
- Demonstrated successful administrative ability, sound judgment, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) in a matrixed environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Can present a background of engaging leadership, sound judgment, and effective administrative ability.
- Can also demonstrate the ability to guide, direct and coordinate the efforts of others
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Qualifications (Preferred):
- Doctorate in social work, education, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Spanish speaking skills
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.