Registered Nurse (2847)
Case Manager | Torrance, PA | Contract
Registered Nurse - All Shifts Available
Work Location: Torrance, PA
InGenesis seeks a Registered Nurse to provide nursing care and treatment services at a Commonwealth operated nursing facility. The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment for individuals in resident living area(s). Registered nurses make assessments and decisions in regard to staff utilization and supplies and equipment needs. Supervises paraprofessional and/or non-professional nursing direct care personnel assigned to their resident living area(s); and ensures that the coordination of services, coverage of services, and maintenance of records is accomplished. If this is what your mission is as an RN to serve those in need, please apply today! All shifts are available.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Will perform as a charge nurse, staff nurse or an assessment coordinator providing nursing care and treatment services in a Commonwealth facility for individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness, dysfunctional behavior and/or a developmental disability.
• As charge nurse, the resource directs and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment for individuals in patient or resident care and treatment area(s), ward(s), unit(s) or living area(s), usually on the evening or night shift.
• Charge nurses make assessments and decisions in regard to staff utilization and supplies and equipment needs.
• Charge nurse supervises paraprofessional and/or a non-professional nursing direct care personnel assigned to their patient or resident care and treatment area(s), ward(s), unit(s) or living area(s); and ensures that the coordination of services, coverage of services, and maintenance of records is accomplished.
• The assessment coordinator develops, implements, and evaluates individualized nursing care and treatment plans for residents; directs, evaluates and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment with members of the nursing staff and interdisciplinary teams; meets with family and residents to assess residents' condition and completes documentation as required by federal and state regulations.
• The staff nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care and treatment services in a patient or resident care area; or may be responsible for a nursing specialty care area, such as, infection control or quality assurance/improvement/risk management activities.
• Work assignments are received in the form of oral or written instructions and resources exercise independent judgment in the application of professional nursing practices.
• Work is reviewed and evaluated by a Registered Nurse Supervisor, physician or dentist through observation, review of reports and conferences for quality and adherence to established standards in the application of professional nursing practices. Work may be administratively reviewed by another professional supervisor.
• Nurses are expected to be competent in the following areas at a minimum but not limited: airway insertion, first aid, catheter insertion, AED, administering oxygen,, IV therapy, heparin lock insertion and irrigation, medication administration, injections, treatments , vital signs, nursing protocols, participating in the plan of care, ambu bag, audiogram testing, medications, telebinocular testing, universal/standard precautions, catheter care, catheter insertion, perineal care, documentation of IV therapy, heparin lock insertion, and irrigation, initiation and care of tubing, care of a heparin well, parenteral management , secondary medications, use of IV infusion pump, use of manual flow regulator, venipuncture, IM, intradermal, subcutaneous injections, dose calculations, inhalers, oral, suppository, topical medication administration, documentation on a Medication Administration Record, Tuberculin testing, accepting and documentation of orders from licensed practitioner, if within the scope of practice, transcription of orders, O2 mask and O2 nasal usage, peak flow meter usage, pulse oximeter usage, respiratory mask usage, suctioning, restraints, specimen collection, ventilator care, o & p collection, urine dip stick, wound culture, ace wrap, anti-embolic hose, arm sling, binders, CPR, evacu chair, isolation, knee immobilizer, K-Pad application, braces, traction, control of hemorrhage, decubitus care, drains, dressing changes, ear irrigation, EKG, enemas, eye irrigation, eye staining, glucometer usage, hoyer lift technique, jejunostom tube-enteral nutrition, K Pad machine, nasogastric/gastrostomy feedings, nasogastric tube insertion, nasogastric tube irrigation, nebulizer treatment, nephrostomy, neurological checks, ostomy care, suture/removal, vaginal douche, sterile technique, wound care, blood pressure, vital signsvenipuncture, tracheostomy care, full body assessments, including mini mental health status exam, assessing and completing a Plan of Care.
• The nurse must function within his/her standards of nursing practice at all times.
• The Registered Nurse must possess a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. The Registered Nurse must not have had disciplinary action taken against this license for infractions related to abuse, neglect or exploitation nor criminal charges related to same.
• Proficient knowledge of professional registered nursing procedures, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures related to nursing, training and development, and inventory control
• Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
• Demonstrate physical fitness
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.