Registered Nurse (2847)
Case Manager | Torrance, PA | Contract
Registered Nurse - All Shifts Available
Work Location: Torrance, PA
InGenesis seeks Registered Nurses to provide nursing care and treatment services to a patient population consisting of adult psychiatric patients. In this role, the RN will perform as a Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse or Assessment Coordinator providing nursing care and treatment services to individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness, dysfunctional behavior and/or a developmental disability. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Interacts with patients utilizing therapeutic communication skills.
• Documents specific, accurate and complete information in the Medical Record.
• Documents in DAR format.
• Reports factual patient information.
• Provides accurate and legible written work/incident related statements as required.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
• Reports problems accurately using the chain of command.
• Reports/documents patient incidents.
• Keeps conversations free from discriminatory, abusive or sexually harassing comments.
• Interacts with families.
• Complies with documentation policies and procedures for the completion of all hospital reports.
• Provides input and feedback for staff, committee, and improvement team meetings.
• Interacts with colleagues in a cooperative manner to develop effective working relationships.
• Prepares and submits thorough and accurate reports in a timely manner as required.
• Attends and participates in ongoing mandatory DPW, hospital and departmental training programs.
• Attends in-service training programs.
• Adheres to infection control / Universal Precautions policies and procedures.
• Responds to medical emergencies, announces medical emergency, takes appropriate actions for which specifically trained. These could include cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, foreign body airway obstruction management, or other emergency treatment procedures. Following emergency, takes appropriate action according to DSH Policies and Procedures.
• Responds to disaster / emergencies, e.g., fires, earthquakes, floods, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats, utility interruptions or transportation accidents; follows basic emergency procedures as contained in DSH Policies and Procedures.
• Utilizes crisis prevention techniques.
• Ensures the use of least restrictive measures and follows hospital policies/procedures in the care of consumer(s) in restraint/special observation.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• The Registered Nurse must possess a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
• BLS-American Heart Association
• Psychiatric experience needed.
• Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records data base.
• Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.