Correctional Facility | Michigan | Full Time and Contract | Applications accepted until Oct 12, 2020
Provides guidance, direction, training and clinical supervision to all Mental Health Professionals (MHPs), except for psychiatrists, within the facility of responsibility. Ensures that said Staff are compliant with all applicable agency, facility and InGenesis policies and procedures, corporate protocols and ethical and professional standards. Position is dependent on contract award
- Provides direct supervision of site Mental Health staff including hiring, scheduling, assigning duties, evaluating performance, disciplining, adjusting grievances and discharging.
- Provides input on proposals for collective bargaining.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Wardens, Assistant Wardens, Health Care Unit Administrators, Mental Health Administrators and other (IDOC) facility management officials.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for information or assistance
- Serves as a resource to the InGenesis non-clinical aspects of psychiatric and telepsychiatric services
- Participates in Regional Team meetings and teleconferences as requested.
- Attends Quality Improvement meetings and is a member as assigned or requested.
- Collects data and generate reports as required or requested.
- Ensures clinical and facility-based orientation of newly employed MHPs.
- Ensures MHPs have a satisfactory understanding of all applicable Administrative and Institutional Directives, ACA/NCCHC Standards, and InGenesis Health Behavioral Health protocols.
- Reviews medical charts of each MHPs caseload to assess the adequacy of treatment plans, progress notes and other documentation; provide remedial feedback and training as required.
- Conducts no less than quarterly in-service training for all MHPs regarding clinical issues of concern to IDOC Director of Mental Health, facility and WHS administrators or the MHPs themselves.
- Provides guidance and direction to MHPs relative to Crisis Intervention Team training and leadership.
- Assists MHPs in the development and operation of psychoeducational and psychotherapy groups.
- Offers assistance and support to MHPs in their preparation for mental health monitoring visits, internal and external audits, and peer reviews.
- Ensures MHPs develop and maintain effective and efficient mental health delivery record-keeping and data management systems.
- Holds meetings, at least monthly, with all staff.
- Conducts or participates in pre-employment interviews with candidates for position vacancies as necessary
- Serves as the facility on call MHP when necessary.
- Participates in mortality review meetings in the event of offender suicides.
- Remains visible and is responsive to all IDOC, WHS and Health Care Unit disciplines.
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve work conditions and patient care. Evaluates employees performance and maintains quality care.
- Participates in, as requested, and maintains good relationship with community organizations.
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all shifts.
- Is available for conferences on all shifts.
- Responds to offender grievances as requested.
- Assesses established policies and reviews policies as needed.
- Maintain the confidentiality of offender records.
- Approach change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to immediate Supervisor
- Accepts constructive criticism and maintains professionalism in stressful situations
- Develops implements and evaluates philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Ensures services are consistent with current standards, and is responsible for level of care.
- Serves as representative for, and/or liaison between, Mental Health services and other health care providers, as well as IDOC Administration, and coordinates patient care with other departments.
- Provides guidance to the staff in patient care problems; delegates responsibility within the scope of the employees abilities.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports as requested
- Notifies the InGenesis of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists in the filling of vacant positions.
- Is familiar with overtime budgets and works to remain within budget.
- Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule staffing hours.
- Complies with and enforces InGenesis /Facility Policy and Procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Conforms to InGenesis, Inc., and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with offenders, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.